[SOLVED] ZCS 7 No more Documents Tab...

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

Right, so it is my fault for not reading every bug report for all of the changes in the new release.

The bug reports you refer to don't explain who made the decision to discontinue documents.

Even this announcement omits the fact that the documents tab will be removed http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announceme ... lable.html

Anyway it's obvious this is pointless and I will be much more careful about future upgrades. Hopefully Zimbra will ask for their customer's feedback in the future.

Sean.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

[quote user="timothyalangorman"]

This also bring up another issue.. if a chief user is terminated and their the sole owne of some docs or at this point a briefcase... how does one export those Items for sheer work-flow purposes?

thanks[/QUOTE]
We have always advised our clients to set up at least one non-human mailbox, called "utility" or some such, to be the creator-owner of company-critical Documents. "Utility" creates the Document, then shares it out with appropriate permissions to various users.
When a user leaves the company, you can revoke the user's permissions and grant permissions to his or her replacement.
Glad you are making some progress on recovering your Documents; please keep us posted as to Support's progress with your situation, and specifically what procedures were used to recover the Documents.
With best regards,

Mark
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="sdrury"]Right, so it is my fault for not reading every bug report for all of the changes in the new release.

The bug reports you refer to don't explain who made the decision to discontinue documents.

Even this announcement omits the fact that the documents tab will be removed I'm sorry you feel like that and it wasn't the point of me giving you the information, I'll try not to waste you time in future.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
timothyalangorman
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by timothyalangorman »

But it would be helpful if a paying subscriber like me could have help with recovering access to his cheif controllers docs. I'm going to call and request a support call AGAIN today.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

[quote user="timothyalangorman"]But it would be helpful if a paying subscriber like me could have help with recovering access to his cheif controllers docs. I'm going to call and request a support call AGAIN today.[/QUOTE]
I think you have every right to lean quite heavily on Zimbra Support to get this resolved ASAP.
Although your Zimbra is technically "running", I would argue you are entitled to code this ticket as U2 (system down) since key operating data impacting the entire company (Documents) is unavailable -- effectively as if the system were down.
And again, the best way in my experience to get any support ticket addressed quickly is to open the ticket from the Support Portal.
Hope that helps,

Mark
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I'm sorry you feel like that and it wasn't the point of me giving you the information, I'll try not to waste you time in future.[/QUOTE]
Never said you were wasting my time and to be honest the info you provide Bill is very helpful.
After all this is a forum and people will quite often 'vent their spleen'!
Hopefully support can resolve this issue sometime this week.
Sean.
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

Finally fixed! Thanks to Glenn in support. Info below:
Hi Sean,
The backup of your account has been restored to dev_seand@domain.com.au, with a password of 'xxxxxxxx' if you want to take a look. I've exported the Notebook documents and imported then into your account, under "Migrated Notebooks" in the Briefcase. Feel free to delete dev_seand@domain.com.au as well.
When trying to work on this issue, it appears two bugs were encountered:
Bug 56936 – Mailbox data migration doesn't work when restoring from old backup

Bug 57074 – Command line wiki migration tool is incomplete
Those bugs will be fixed in ZCS 7.0.1. For other users having this problem, it will allow them to successfully restore from a pre-ZCS 7 backup to recove missing Documents.
Regards,

Glenn Oppegard, RHCE

Global Support Services

Zimbra, a division of VMware
gersh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by gersh »

Other than "wikis are going away," what are the reasons for removing Zimbra documents?
I've searched the forums, release notes and Bugzilla and have yet to find the reason(s).
sdrury
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sdrury »

No one wants to say why. The migration to Briefcase for documents is a strange decision especially when the results are you get your documents but every revision is listed as well.

I don't see the value in it or why Zimbra's customers weren't asked their opinion prior to rolling the change out.

Doesn't make sense.
Sean.
fcash
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fcash »

Personally, I never understood why Documents and Briefcase were separated in the first place. "Documents" should always have been a feature of Briefcase, IMO. It's nice to see they're going in that direction, finally. Although it looks like it'll be a bumpy ride. :)
Now we just need more integration between the Mail and Briefcase tabs, so that you can save attachment to the Briefcase, and attach files from the Briefcase, and all that other fun stuff. (I believe this is now possible in 7.0?)