Howto Documents/Wiki?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
eMHa

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by eMHa »

Hello,
i really don't get it with this Global Documents Account and how to use this correctly.
Can anyone give me some hints how to USE this?
I really know how to create a "domain Documents account". But i don't know how it is supposed to be used?
I can login as the wiki user. I have this Template folder and a Notebook folder in my Documents. OK, with the Template folder i can change the general appearance of Documents for all users.
How are the Users in this domain supposed to use this? As a normal User i only have the Notebook folder. And this one is not connected in any way to the Notebook of my "domain Documents account".
Shall I create folders as the "domain Documents account" and share them manually? I don't think this would be the right way!? Or is it?
Can anyone enlighten me? I'm really lost in the documentation, which is good if you know what you want. But in this case i don't really know what i want ;-) I just want to know what this feature with the "domain Documents account" is for.
nolamike

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by nolamike »

Can someone enlighten us here?
MeneM

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by MeneM »

I'm looking for this info as well ;-)
KiegKhan

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by KiegKhan »

I am also wanting to understand how the wiki@ is supposed to function. Zimbra seems to be very good at the email functionality, and works just like Outlook only better.

Documents seems to be an after tyought and not really very well implemented. I am trialling with Commuinty Edition, and expected Documents to be something like Google Docs or ZoHo, but it is very primitive and basically unsuited to anything but the basics.

Documentation is almost non-existant for this feature, at least as far as I can find, and the wiki@ seems to suggest there is a wiki element to Zimbra. If that is the case, then I cannot figure out how to access it, do I need to use a special URL, eg: like the :7071 administration URL?

Any help with this would be really good.
tiger2000
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by tiger2000 »

lots of my customers are also wondering how this works.. but can't find any information on this topic.
KiegKhan

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by KiegKhan »

While I have had very good help in some forum topics, this one seems to be unmonitored? Does ANYONE have anything to say about how to use the WIKI feature in Zimbra?

Is anyone working on a comprehensive documentation for Zimbra? I see lots of references to Zimbra user in the Linux CLI, but nothing that ties it all together and applies it to specific instances or general instances of how it is designed to be applied.

Notebook seems to want to do what ZoHo and Google Docs does very well, but it seems like it has been abandonded like an orphan child. Unfortunately, while there are obviously many technically minded people out there getting good results from Zimbra, this basic lack of any resolution in many forum posts and the apparent requirement to drop into the Linux CLI to do almost anything of substance makes Zimbra a bit daunting and not-user friendly, which I am sure is off-putting to many potential customers/users.

If this one topic can be addressed, or point us to other topics that already cover this issue, then that would be great.
juanschwartz

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by juanschwartz »

Yeah, I too cannot find anything on this feature.
10424bofh
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by 10424bofh »

bump ... i also want to know :-)
mnebus

Howto Documents/Wiki?

Post by mnebus »

yes, please, do tell.
mederyf

Howto Documents/Wiki?