If you move mails from Shared Folders it will only be copied

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="papango"]...upgrading to 6.0.3 didn't solve the problem.[/QUOTE]It hasn't been released yet, how did you upgrade to that? The bug that's been filed is not fixed until 6.0.3.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
papango

Post by papango »

sorry i mistyped the version number, i've upgraded to 6.02.

I will edit my previous post :)
Samp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Samp »

[quote user="papango"]also have the same problem since upgraded to 6.0.1

upgrading to 6.0.2 didn't solve the problem.
"filters" are also affected if you specify to move a mail to a subfolder (your own or a shared one)"
edit : mistyped the version number : 6.0.2 ; not 6.0.3 not released yet ![/QUOTE]
So go to Bugzilla and ask to fixing this bug as me.
Sam.
papango

Post by papango »

do you have a bug #id ?
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

Bug 40954 – messages are copied, rather than moved, between shared folders
Bug number 40954
They state that it is fixed, but that was a month ago and prior ro 6.0.2. It may have missed the cut off and will be part of 6.0.3, but there has been no confirmation of that and no eta on the 6.0.3 update either.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="quietas"]Bug 40954 – messages are copied, rather than moved, between shared folders
Bug number 40954
They state that it is fixed, but that was a month ago and prior ro 6.0.2. It may have missed the cut off and will be part of 6.0.3, but there has been no confirmation of that and no eta on the 6.0.3 update either.[/QUOTE]I've already said that it's fixed in 6.0.3, the place to check would be the [URL=Product Portal[/URL].
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

OK, the estimated date is actually filled in now. 12/14? This topic was posted originally 8/18. That's a 4 month turnaround time for what is a rather large bug.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="quietas"]OK, the estimated date is actually filled in now. 12/14? This topic was posted originally 8/18. That's a 4 month turnaround time for what is a rather large bug.[/QUOTE]When the topic was started has nothing to do with it, the bug report was filed on 2009-09-11 - that's a three month timescale and for a 'rather large bug' it wasn't even filed by anyone in this thread. I've stated this many times in the forums that the correct place for bug reports is bugzilla, it's fine to get an opinion from other forum members about a problem but there's no guarantee that any thread posted here with a problem description will eventually end up in bugzilla unless someone files it.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
LasseMammen

Post by LasseMammen »

Three months is still a long time IMO. Why don't you let brave sys admins experimient by putting out unsupported patches for these kinds of problems? It would be a great service, and possibly alleviate some of the hot tempers in here :) Especially since it's been marked as fixed for quite some time now.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="LasseMammen"]Three months is still a long time IMO. Why don't you let brave sys admins experimient by putting out unsupported patches for these kinds of problems? It would be a great service, and possibly alleviate some of the hot tempers in here :) Especially since it's been marked as fixed for quite some time now.[/QUOTE]You can do whatever you like with ZImbra, it's open source and you can modify it and build it for your system - and provide the support for it. BTW, there is more than just this one bug to be fixed and incorporated into a release - it's always a juggling game. ;)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra