ZCS 6.0.1 Zimlets that doesn't work anymore

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
xander2k

Post by xander2k »

Ignore Messages

Email Reminder

Birthday Reminder (doens't create one)

Social

Yahoo Emotionicons

its very bad that, the following doesn't work because they are very useful, and the social zimlet i have never seen before.

Email Reminder

Birthday Reminder (doens't create one)

When thy will be fixed for Zimbra 6.0 ?
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by greenrenault »

Email Quotes Zimlet does not appear to be working either, using ZCS 6.0.1.
I like the Zimbra Social zimlet a lot! Does anyone know how to change what DIGG feeds are displayed?
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

[quote user="greenrenault"]Email Quotes Zimlet does not appear to be working either, using ZCS 6.0.1.
I like the Zimbra Social zimlet a lot! Does anyone know how to change what DIGG feeds are displayed?[/QUOTE]
Email Quote Zimlet is working for me. You need to Turn-On Zimlet by clicking on it, if you havent.
We are doing few more enhancements to Social Zimlet, including option to turn-on/off Digg feeds, what option are you looking for? may be we could squeeze it in.
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by greenrenault »

Hi RRAO
Thanks for the response. Email Quote Zimlet is enabled in the Web Client. But no quotes are inserted when email is composed or sent. I'm using signatures, would that interfer with it?
With the Social Zimlet:

1. being able to add, remove, configure feeds would be great. I can't see a what to do this now, the feeds appear to be locked in.

2. I like the panes that are displayed for each feed. However, clicking on new feeds (eg. twitter search) adds a new pane so you can quickly get overwhelmed by having a large number of panes opened, with multiple duplicates. It would be great if you could have panes re-used instead of new ones just being added (until you run out of memory).

3. Having the state of panes saved would be great or being able to save sets of panes, saving clicking around. eg. Pane 1: Twitter Posts, Pane 2: Twitter Search Results, Pane 3: Twitter Search Results
Just my thoughts having used it for a bit.
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by greenrenault »

Another request: make the Twitter network error messages much SMALLER. They are far too obtrusive right now (and frequent).
(Of course, I can't ask that Twitter be more reliable, that's a given)
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

[quote user="greenrenault"]Hi RRAO
Thanks for the response. Email Quote Zimlet is enabled in the Web Client. But no quotes are inserted when email is composed or sent. I'm using signatures, would that interfer with it?

[/QUOTE]

I think may be some js issue in some other Zimlet is causing problem. Can you try disabling all the Zimlets, except Email Quotes and see if the problem goes away?
[quote user="greenrenault"]

With the Social Zimlet:

1. being able to add, remove, configure feeds would be great. I can't see a what to do this now, the feeds appear to be locked in.

2. I like the panes that are displayed for each feed. However, clicking on new feeds (eg. twitter search) add a new pane so you can quickly get overwhelmed by having a large number of panes opened, with multiple duplicates. It would be great if you could have panes re-used instead of new ones just being added (until you run out of memory).

3. Having the state of panes saved would be great or being able to save sets of panes, saving clicking around. eg. Pane 1: Twitter Posts, Pane 2: Twitter Search Results, Pane 3: Twitter Search Results
Just my thoughts having used it for a bit.[/QUOTE]

1. The original idea for Digg was to display its contents for people to enjoy and if they like it, they can re-tweet it to their friends on twitter/facebook.

I am thinking of providing a generic way to add any RSS feeds, that might be what you are looking for.
2. When you close the Zimbra, all those extra/duplicate windows will be closed, but I think you have a point and in the future version I can implement reusing the cards.
3. The upcoming version will have such a concept of automatically saving positions for main feeds: Twitter, Facebook and TwitterSearches.
4. Yeah, I think its good to trim that twitter-errors especially when there is a JavaException.
PS: You will get all these newer enhancements when we blog about the Zimlet or in 6.0.2; 6.0.1 will continue to have 6.0 version of the Zimlet.
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by greenrenault »

rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rrao »

thats funny.. i am assuming its working now :)
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by greenrenault »

re: Quote zimlet. Actually it's not working, I've got ALL the Zimlet extras installed and enabled. Will try a process of elimination sometime in the future :) At least I now know what to do.
But you are a rockstar for taking on some of my suggestions :)
xander2k

Post by xander2k »

[quote user="greenrenault"]Email Quotes Zimlet does not appear to be working either, using ZCS 6.0.1.
I like the Zimbra Social zimlet a lot! Does anyone know how to change what DIGG feeds are displayed?[/QUOTE]
Yes i have done, i've published it more than one time, and try to enable, disable, enable it, but nothing happens, they actually don't work.
The Social Zimlet makes an error, when clicking on the social tab.