Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sonnessa

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by sonnessa »

I have Zimbra 5.0 installed on Debian 4.0. After updating system I got perl 5.10 and now Zimbra does not work anymore.
When I type zmcontrol status I get the following message:

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
The problem is in i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi libraries which are not compatible with perl 5.10.
Does anyone face the same problem?
Thanks,

Michele
McDaeMonD

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by McDaeMonD »

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
I have same problem, im using OpenSuSE-11 with zcs-NETWORK-5.0.8_GA_2462.SuSEES10.20080709154010 package, may be wrong package but i same in debian, don't know at ubuntu
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="McDaeMonD"]I have same problem, im using OpenSuSE-11 with zcs-NETWORK-5.0.8_GA_2462.SuSEES10.20080709154010 package, may be wrong package but i same in debian, don't know at ubuntu[/QUOTE]No version of openSUSE is supported Network Edition, you must use a supported distribution for Network Edition.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
McDaeMonD

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by McDaeMonD »

how about Ubuntu 8.04, this version supported by NE?, because 6.06 is to old for us
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="McDaeMonD"]how about Ubuntu 8.04, this version supported by NE?, because 6.06 is to old for us[/QUOTE]The only supported distributions are the ones on this list.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
wcbenyip
Advanced member
Advanced member

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by wcbenyip »

I also reached the same problem while installing the zcs 5.0.10 on ubuntu 8.1, does any advise / recommendation could be provided by Zimbra? The root cause seems to be come from the latest perl 5.10.0 ~ (I have also manually installed the additional libstdc++5 & libltdl3 to fulfill the prerequisites of zcs 5.0.10)
Anyway, any help from Zimbra ? :confused:
elcorazon

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by elcorazon »

[quote user="wcbenyip"]I also reached the same problem while installing the zcs 5.0.10 on ubuntu 8.1, does any advise / recommendation could be provided by Zimbra? The root cause seems to be come from the latest perl 5.10.0 ~ (I have also manually installed the additional libstdc++5 & libltdl3 to fulfill the prerequisites of zcs 5.0.10)
Anyway, any help from Zimbra ? :confused:[/QUOTE]
Hi,

I got Zimbra to run in Ubuntu 8.10 after installing some old Perl packages:

liblocale-gettext-perl_1.05-2ubuntu1_amd64.deb

libperl5.8_5.8.8-12_amd64.deb

perl_5.8.8-12_amd64.deb

perl-base_5.8.8-12_amd64.deb

perl-modules_5.8.8-12_all.deb

libterm-readkey-perl_2.30-3ubuntu1_amd64.deb

Those packages can be found on launchpad.net
Only problem left are some unresolved dependencies when I try to update the system now... working on that...
I wonder if one could replace the Zimbra-Version of amavisd with some current version to work around the problem..?
elcorazon

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by elcorazon »

I partially solved the problem of the outdated perl packages with apt-pinning as described here:

I">https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DowngradeHowto
I did not want to reinstall the server because there's already some data on it. I added deb sources for both, Ubuntu Intrepid and Hardy and pinned the versions. Now aptitude full-upgrade does not complain any more (and hopefully I will get all security updates in the future :-)
ToroLoco

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by ToroLoco »

Why Zimbra don't support the new perl package and the ubuntu 8.10 version??
I have the Ubuntu Server running and I have received the 60days test ticket, but I cannot test it. How I am suppose to test it?
I tried the above solution from elcorazon, but didn't worked the apt-get couldn't downgrade the perl version and still I have the error message:
/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
Is there any other way that I could install the server?
dijichi2
Elite member
Elite member

Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Post by dijichi2 »

UBUNTU 8.10 IS NOT SUPPORTED. How difficult is this to understand? Use 8.04 LTS:

Zimbra - Products: Network Edition Downloads