Upload of Apple .numbers and .pages files fails

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tecnalb
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by tecnalb »

I'm using 5.0.6NE on rhel5x86
With Safari and Firefox under Leopard (10.5.4), I cannot seem to upload certain types of content to the briefcase... specifically Apples iWork files like .numbers and .pages files.
Under Safari, when presented with the file selection dialog, I am not even allowed to select those file types.
Under FF, the dialog allows me to select, but when I hit the Upload button, FF goes white and crashes.
Anyone seeing this? Can this be changed in the admin setup somewhere?
klinet

Post by klinet »

[quote user="tecnalb"]I'm using 5.0.6NE on rhel5x86
With Safari and Firefox under Leopard (10.5.4), I cannot seem to upload certain types of content to the briefcase... specifically Apples iWork files like .numbers and .pages files.
Under Safari, when presented with the file selection dialog, I am not even allowed to select those file types.
Under FF, the dialog allows me to select, but when I hit the Upload button, FF goes white and crashes.
Anyone seeing this? Can this be changed in the admin setup somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm seeing the same issue. .pages and .numbers files are actually directories, so we need to find a way to attach or upload a folder or directory and that should solve the problem.