ZCS 7.0.1 Web Client Print Issue

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="1739miguel"]I think this is a very special circumstance for everyone who uses the web client as mail client, it's a basic function for who use calendaring which is never suppose to broke within an upgrade IMO[/QUOTE]I'm sure you do consider it a 'special circumstance' but it's not one that will get a hotfix issued.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
folioguru
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by folioguru »

Bill,
I have a great deal of respect for the support you provide (and have provided us) as a moderator.
Printing calendars is a something that has worked in Zimbra since 4.x without difficulty. A simple upgrade, from 6.10, now breaks both 6.12 and 7.x and makes the calendar completely unusable to any organization where printing is necessary.
We have clients who print and publish calendars for room utilization, need daily printouts similar to drivers and are ready to drop our zimbra hosting services because they feel "we broke it" and won't fix it. Sadly, it is pretty hard to say we did an upgrade from Zimbra and there's no way back to 6.10 which worked properly.
As a VAR and HSP I must say, this is a sad commentary.
Anxiously awaiting a fix, Mark
GaryHarmon

Post by GaryHarmon »

Same here, we just left Exchange for Zimbra a month ago and now my CEO is asking me why I choose a product that doen't care when or if they fix a problem they created. Can we get a fix soon? I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

PLEASE
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Zimbra 8.8.10_GA_3041

Post by hmmblah »

Same issue here as well. We post the calendars online as well for Courtroom scheduling. Most people use and print out the day view including our Judge. I submitted a support ticket on Tuesday and was told 7.0.2 would arrive in a few days to fix this issue. I'm hoping I can upgrade this weekend. /fingers crossed.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="hmmblah"]I submitted a support ticket on Tuesday and was told 7.0.2 would arrive in a few days to fix this issue. I'm hoping I can upgrade this weekend. /fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]There is no such version as 7.0.2, the next version of Zimbra will be 7.1.0 and details of the fix and it's targeted release (and date (when it's available) are in the bug report and Product Portal as I mentioned earlier.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by hmmblah »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]There is no such version as 7.0.2, the next version of Zimbra will be 7.1.0 and details of the fix and it's targeted release (and date (when it's available) are in the bug report and Product Portal as I mentioned earlier.[/QUOTE]
It says the targeted release for 7.1 is mid 2011. Am I reading this correctly? If that's right then my issue won't be fixed until June sometime?
Why would support tell a paying customer a few days for a fix when in reality it could be a few months?
This is what I received from support:

[quote]7.0.2 will contain the fix, and it should be release within the next few days. Thanks for holding up with this nasty bug, we have other customers facing the same issue, and for the moment we do not have nor we can't provide a workaround for this. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience on behalf of the whole Zimbra team[/quote]
Who's right?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="hmmblah"]Who's right?[/QUOTE]It's not a case of 'who's right'. Go to the bug report and look at the version of Zimbra on which the fix was confirmed then look at the Product Portal for 7.0.2 - it doesn't exist and 7.1.0 will be the next version. I'm not making any forecast of when this will be released.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by hmmblah »

So why would support tell me what they did?
lil_evil

Post by lil_evil »

Hi all,
I am a little bit irritated by firstly the bug, which was not present in 7.0 and, secondly by the reaction to this thread.

I think this is a major issue, even though it is "just" the calendar - it is not just printing the whole calendar is messed up.

Sometimes showing appointments on the wrong day, depending on the selected view.

What surprises me is how this bug could have slipped into 7.0.1?

I have to admit - I did test 7.0 thoroughly before deploying it and I installed 7.0.1 in good faith that it will only fix some minor issues.

Well, I guess bad luck on my side, but saying there won't be any fix until 7.1, you are on your own, is, as I find a bit harsh.

I have been using zimbra in a large productive environment for quite a while now and I was very happy.... until now.
To recap, I do think this is a serious problem which needs a quick fix, so please take this more serious.

I am happy to test anything, including downgrading.

I will have to wait and see how this issue is being treated, and if necessary, take this into consideration for future deployments as well.
Thank you very much,

a so far happy customer.

lIl
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="hmmblah"]So why would support tell me what they did?[/QUOTE]I've no idea, I don't speak for support only myself.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra