Zimbra Dead?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
jshtimsj

Zimbra Dead?

Post by jshtimsj »

Hello,
I've become quite dismayed at trying to get support or talk to someone at Zimbra. Specifically we're in need of adding licenses to our Zimbra NE install. I've called numerous times, leaving voicemails, opened a support case (they're support tool is broken, it doesn't allow me to view opened cases, although I get email confirmation that they have been created) and I've emailed via their contact forms on Zimbra's website. My case has fallen behind their 12x5 support level. Its been over a week. What does an admin have to do to get some support or talk to their Sales dept.? I'm willing to give them money for more licenses...although my willingness is quickly fading. Is anyone home? Is Zimbra dying?
In an attempt to be proactive should I never hear back from anyone. Recommendations to an alternative to Zimbra?
Thanks
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Dead?

Post by xeon »

I have never called Zimbra support. But emailing support@zimbra.com has always gotten a decent response time always within 24 hours. I bought my licenses from a reseller and never had any issues except it took a few days to get the license. There has been a few threads about not being able to contact Zimbra via phone. Not sure whats up with that, there is no excuse to answer phone lines in my opinion. Not everyone likes doing business over email...
jshtimsj

Zimbra Dead?

Post by jshtimsj »

I have emailed support@zimbra.com in addition to using their online case management tool. No response as of yet.
jshtimsj

Zimbra Dead?

Post by jshtimsj »

In case anyone was holding their breath, I did finally get a call (voicemail) from VMware sales (thank you!). In short, it only takes four calls, numerous emails and a submitted support case spanning a week to get a response. Plan accordingly.
GregA
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Dead?

Post by GregA »

jshtimsj - let me know if you are still having issues and we can help ferret out the problem, the team is generally very good responding to requests per the support SLA.
ldomingues

Zimbra Dead?

Post by ldomingues »

Join the club! So far two weeks down!!!
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administra ... ht=license
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Dead?

Post by iway »

It is very unsettling to read about these issues contacting Zimbra. We had problems with this as well, as a NE customer this is absolutely intolerable.

@Zimbra: Pleas fix this ASAP, since we are not used to businesses working that way! Please tell us how you will fix this.
rwest83

Zimbra Dead?

Post by rwest83 »

Yep, I got no replys to the thread I made here so today I've been attempting to call sales, support, and the main lines at zimbra so that I can maybe purchase some sort of plan to get support. No luck at all. This is insane! I've got a problem here that I'm willing to pay to have someone help me solve, but nobody seems to care.
GregA
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Dead?

Post by GregA »

[quote user="rwest83"]Yep, I got no replys to the thread I made here so today I've been attempting to call sales, support, and the main lines at zimbra so that I can maybe purchase some sort of plan to get support. No luck at all. This is insane! I've got a problem here that I'm willing to pay to have someone help me solve, but nobody seems to care.[/QUOTE]
@rwest83 - sorry to hear about this, are you running a Network Edition trial? You should file a ticket with support at zimbra.com. The forum is not managed by the zimbra support team, it's community based and we pitch in where we can.
@iway - the team is working on streamlining the transition into the VMware partner program as a high priority. You should contact your local channel partner. Your initial sales contact can help you with the right point of contact.
@ldomingues - if your distributor is non-responsive you should let Carlos or other people you have worked with in sales know.
ldomingues

Zimbra Dead?

Post by ldomingues »

After contacting directly Carlos, this was solved in 24 hours! Thanks.