Calendar Attendee Invite Reminder

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

When sending a calendar invite via the web interface or using Outlook connector the recipient reminder time defaults to there "Show reminder" setting in Preferences. Is there a way to disable the default when the sender changes the reminder to anything other then the default five minutes or what ever setting is configured?
The goal is to send meeting invites with a set reminder time lets say 30 minutes and everyone invited to the meeting is reminded 30 minutes before unless they manually change it.
Thank you.
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

I have reached out to Zimbra support to see what they say...
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

This isn't quite what you're looking for, but it's related: Bug 55905 - Ability to set apt reminders on meetings (when not organizer)
Sounds like you want the reverse of the above. That is, instead of the attendee being able to set a per-event reminder, you want the organizer to be able specify the reminder.
It sounds like a good idea, so I just created an RFE for it: Bug 62180 - RFE: allow organizer to set reminder
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

[quote user="ewilen"]This isn't quite what you're looking for, but it's related: Bug 55905 - Ability to set apt reminders on meetings (when not organizer)
Sounds like you want the reverse of the above. That is, instead of the attendee being able to set a per-event reminder, you want the organizer to be able specify the reminder.
It sounds like a good idea, so I just created an RFE for it: Bug 62180 - RFE: allow organizer to set reminder[/QUOTE]

Thank you for doing that. Hopefully they will add the COS setting to take the sender reminder settings and the attendee can take that setting by default and be able to change that after accepting.