Doubts of recovery in the opensource version 7

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
elderf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby elderf » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Greetings to all from Venezuela
I have a question regarding the recovery of the opensource version 7.0
Currently I have installed zimbra on centos 5.7 and 7 works fine, I created a script that basically copies everything is in / opt / zimbra converts it into a tar.gz and save it elsewhere on the hard drive
But I have a question about how I do it after the recovery? can someone please help me ..?
thanks

Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby Krishopper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 pm

To do a recovery you will need to install Zimbra using the install.sh script ("install.sh -s" to install just the software and not worry about initializing databases or anything).
After that is installed, you will recover /opt/zimbra from your backup.
Then you will run "install.sh" to do an in-place upgrade, and you should be set.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 am

[quote user="elderf"]But I have a question about how I do it after the recovery? can someone please help me ..?[/QUOTE]Go to the wiki (link at the top of this page) and read some of the articles on Backup/Restore and Disaster Recovery - there's also plenty of threads in the forums on this topic.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
elderf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby elderf » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:51 am

[quote user="Krishopper"]To do a recovery you will need to install Zimbra using the install.sh script ("install.sh -s" to install just the software and not worry about initializing databases or anything).
After that is installed, you will recover /opt/zimbra from your backup.
Then you will run "install.sh" to do an in-place upgrade, and you should be set.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your answers
When I do install it on centos with install.sh - platform override ... I understand I installed with-s then do the upgrade?
Then replace the / opt / zimbra?

Return to “Administrators”