RHEL 5 to RHEL 6, Same machine

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

Has anyone out there done an RHEL 5 to 6 upgrade/reinstall on the same machine?
I'll be installing ZCS on a fresh RHEL6 install (since RH does does not support upgrade) and need to know what to backup in ZCS prior to reinstalling. I know I can run a ZCS full backup off to a USB external drive and restore the users and info from that, but what about the system configs. What do I need to backup in ZCS and how to restore it?
I saw this Wiki entry: http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Moving_ZCS_ ... _Customers. It does not say it, but am I correct to infer that it also copies server settings or is that separate?
I will also take the time to virtualize the system on ESXi 4.1 u1 since I will have new virtual servers coming in the next couple months.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There should be no problem using the wiki instructions you've found.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by quietas »

Thanks, so far I've only had to do this once and it was due to failed hardware a couple years ago. Restoring from backups worked, but lost the server settings. I'll probably do a p2v conversion for a full server backup before hand, but this will help the upgrade to RHEL6.