Windows 7 and VMware Zimbra File attachment problems

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ShawnCNS

Post by ShawnCNS »

Greetings Zimbra community,
I do hope I am posting this in the right area. :confused:

As the subject states I am having trouble getting a file attached to an e-mail for a client. This is a system that someone has set up before me and I have not had a chance to do all my homework on Zimbra software. I do know it is remote hosted VMware Zimbra web client build information:
Zimbra 7.1.1_GA_3196 (build 20110527011130)
This is the only Win7 machine using this service. All other machines running XP are attaching files just fine. I have contacted the original administrator/owner of this intranet, though he does not use Win7 and has no experience nor knowledge of mentioned error.
Just wanted to check here on the forums to see it it's a client version incompatibility with Win7 and needs an update or if something in the configuration needs to be changed. Any information or direction to a knowledge base on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. :)
ShawnCNS

Post by ShawnCNS »

Hmm seems that I'm the only one with this problem?
In case I need to put some more information....

What's happening is that when on the win7 machine and using Zimbra in a web browser, everything else seems to be working well enough (sending and receiving messages), when trying to add attachments, the dialog box comes up and I can browse for the files, but when I click to attach them to e-mail, it just says attaching files and after 20+ minutes 24KB file never gets attached. I've tried 3 different browsers and using Firefox's IE Tab extension forcing IE8 and all are doing the same.
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

Emailing attachment on Windows 7 with IE9, Firefox 6.0.2, and Chrome 14.x works just fine on my 7.1.2 server via web client...
You are not giving any details. Are you using the web client? What is the exact issue? Error message?
More details...
soba@ukw.edu.pl
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by soba@ukw.edu.pl »

Problem: Firefox 7 - Check bugzilla for Firefox 7 and zimbra.
ShawnCNS

Post by ShawnCNS »

My sincere apologies. It appears that I have made a classic ID-10T user error in not doing more investigative work on my end. It would appear the error lies in with the Win7 machine itself. I was trying once again to attach a file in all browsers and in both ajax and html modes and make copies/screencaps of each error/problem I came across.
It wasn't until I tried to attach these error screens/logs to my yahoo account for use at my office computer that I found out that I was unable to attach anything to any online browser based e-mail using the Win7 machine.
It is safe to assume that there is a configuration issue within Win7 or the local network itself.
I apologize to have wasted anyone's time in this matter. Once/If I find a solution I will happily update this thread and request it's closing. If this error is not worth the board space it may be deleted/locked at a mod's discretion.
xgon

Post by xgon »

Hi ShawnCNS,
I have the same problem. On one machine I have this issue on the others works like a charm.... Can you point me the right direction to solve this?
regards