Share Calendar with Separate Install

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
jeremywatco

Post by jeremywatco »

Happy New Year!
I have two separate Zimbra installs. One NE and one Open Source. My question is finding an easy way to share calendars between these two.
Currently I can share between the two just fine however the user must click a specific link to do so and then must enter in a resource password, which is fine. The issue I have is simplifying it to add a "link" to the right side bar to access this calendar without having to actually use a "link".
Is there a way to list this shared calendar as if it were a true share on the right so that users are oblivious to the fact that these exist in different installs? Even if they have to type a resource password I am fine just as long as its simple for them to access it.

THanks!
jeremywatco

Post by jeremywatco »

OK, I have more info now.

I was able to figure out how to do what I wanted. Just share it and then have the users add a new External Calendar to their calendar page and use the ICS address. Works great.

Now, we have calendar's that we want ALL users to have regardless is there a way to automate adding an external calendar for all users even when new? I could just write documentation on how to do it however it would be way simpler if I could just have them already there.

Thansk!