Zimbra with Trend-Micro IMSS Mail gateay

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by blason »

Hello Guys,
I am setting up Zimbra in a mail box role and Mail gateway will probably be an Iron port appliance or Trend-Micro IMSS Spam filtering gateway. I would like to know since zimbra looks for domain's MX record for successful installation what changes I should make since MX record will be pointed to other appliance and not to this server.

Also, after installation how do I instruct zimbra for foreign domain mail delivery to this Gateway appliance?
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by blason »

???? Sorry brian?
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

You won't really need to change much on the zimbra side unless you want outbound email to route through the spam gateway as well.
In which case you can set the zimbraSmtpHost attribute on the domain or global level.
blason
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by blason »

Absolutely since IMSS is gonna be my mail gw inbound as well as outbound mail will be routed through it. Now the confusion here is, while installing we have to specify MX record to zimbra since that is a mandate. Now say this is my scenario MX record for exmaple.com is mail.example.com pointed to Public IP address which is IMSS say 20.20.20.20 natted to 192.168.1.10 and Zimbra sits on 192.168.1.15.

I would like to know in this situation what changes I should make on zimbra for successful email routing.