zimbra server delivering email to pop3 clients timeout

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Rajib Askory

Post by Rajib Askory »

no it didnt help. If pop3 user connect with mailbox server error occurs sometimes. but from proxy server it occurs regularly from remote machine. thats why I am asking for proxy pop3 connectivity timeout issue. Increasing  pop3_thread_keep_alive_time = 60 to 120 will help? 

Best Regards.

Raunaq

Post by Raunaq »

In ProxyConfGen:

mail.ctimeout maps to zimbraReverseProxyConnectTimeout - "Time interval (ms) after which a POP/IMAP proxy connection to a remote host will give up"

mail.pop3.timeout maps to pop3_max_idle_time - "pop3 network timeout before authentication"

mail.pop3.proxytimeout maps to pop3_max_idle_time - "pop3 network timeout after authentication"

mail.imap.timeout maps to imap_max_idle_time - "imap network timeout before authentication"

mail.imap.proxytimeout maps to imap_authenticated_max_idle_time - "imap network timeout after authentication"

mail.auth_http_timeout maps to zimbraReverseProxyRouteLookupTimeout - "Time interval (ms) given to mail route lookup handler to respond to route lookup request (after this time elapses, Proxy fails over to next handler, or fails the request if there are no more lookup handlers)"

mail.authwait maps to zimbraReverseProxyAuthWaitInterval - "Time delay (ms) after which an incorrect POP/IMAP login attempt will be rejected"

mail.timeout is not monitored by ProxyConfGen. mail.ctimeout is in template file nginx.conf.mail.template and maps to proxy_ctimeout.

May be this helps you to set proper timeouts.
rllanes2004

Post by rllanes2004 »

thanxs a lot for reply ... i thought this thread was dead ... ill try the commands from Raunaq ... but im not sure where to find ProxyConfGen ... sorry im new in this stuff ...
Rajib Askory

Post by Rajib Askory »

thnks for ur reply. I will be very grateful to you if you give me an example of how to change above settings in zimbra

best regards
rllanes2004

Post by rllanes2004 »

i run the this ... and im testing now

1. Disable NIO using local config parameter

#zmlocalconfig -e nio_pop3_enabled=false

2. Increase POP3 write timeout (increase from default 10s to 60s)

#zmlocalconfig -e pop3_write_timeout=60

3. Execute "zmmailboxdctl restart" after running above commands.

But i dont have zimbra proxy enabled in my server config i enter

zmproxyctl status

zmnginxctl is not running

so ... that means i cant use the ProxyConfGen????
Rajib Askory

Post by Rajib Askory »

thnks Raunaq. I need to know one more thing.
#zmlocalconfig -e nio_pop3_enabled=false
#zmlocalconfig -e pop3_write_timeout=60

will i have to execute above commands in only mailstore server? no need to execute above commands in proxy server?
I also find below log.
Whenever a user tries to download a large mail (> 3MB) the session gets disconnected with the following errors in /opt/zimbra/log/nginx.log
[*232 SSL_read() failed (SSL: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac) while proxying and reading from upstream, client: 192.168.60.250, server: 0.0.0.0:110, login: "rajib", upstream: 10.180.24.68:995 (192.168.60.250:1850-192.168.6.44:110) <=> (10.180.24.76:60489-10.180.24.68:995)
Users are unable to download mails due to this and have a major issue here. Can u help me/point me at least on how & where I can look to debug the issue? Completely lost here.
Rajib Askory

Post by Rajib Askory »

Whenever a user tries to download a large mail (> 3MB) the session gets disconnected with the following errors in /opt/zimbra/log/nginx.log

[error] 19547#0: *58638 SSL_read() failed (SSL: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number) while proxying and reading from upstream, client: using starttls, server: 0.0.0.0:110, login: “”, upstream: :995 (:57564-:110) (:43197-:995)

Users are unable to download mails due to this and have a major issue here. Can u help me/point me at least on how & where I can look to debug the issue? Completely lost here. Please help me
Raunaq

Post by Raunaq »

On the mailbox servers do this:

su - zimbra

zmtlsctl both

zmmailboxdctl restart

Then on the proxies:

su - zimbra

zmprov ms YOUR_PROXY_ZIMBRA_FQDN zimbraReverseProxySSLToUpstreamEnabled FALSE

zmproxyctl restart
Rajib Askory

Post by Rajib Askory »

Now i understand the problem. Thanks a lot Raunaq. My problem is solved.