Add multiple account in one

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
HOzdemir

Post by HOzdemir »

Hi,
i've two e-mail addresses : 
demo@mydomain.com
and test@mydomain.com
I want to use demo@mydomain.com as one account where i can also manage test@mydomain.com .
Is it possible to manage multiple accounts in one account on zimbra 8.6?

Thanks a lot.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I don't really understand what you mean by "manage multiple accounts". Take a look in the forum, wiki or the documentation for the word "Persona" - you will also find it in your preferences and see if that does what you want.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
HOzdemir

Post by HOzdemir »

ok, i give an example:

I can setup a new "external" account either IMAP or POP3. The Problem is polling takes a long time and soon i will have a capacity problem because zimbra IMAP polling copies everything from the external server. But this external account is also manager on my zimbra. My question is whether i can setup an "internal" account.

Example:

main account: info@mydomain.com

internal account should be: test@mydomain.com

internal account should be: test2@mydomain.com

Thanks a lot.
cayaraa
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8 NE & ZCS 8 FOSS

Post by cayaraa »

So you want more then one account but you want to be able to see all the mail from just one account?

Two other options in addition to phoenix's suggestion:

You could create an alias of test@mydomain.com pointing to info@mydomain.com. This would still end up with all the mail in one account though. This isn't really two accounts but gives you all your mail in one place. You could setup filters based on the "To:" address to move emails going to one of the aliases to its own folder to make an easy distinction between the two addresses.

The other option would be to create both accounts and then create a zimbra share from test@mydomain.com to info@mydomain.com for the inbox (and any other mail folders, calendars, and soon) you wanted access to. This would keep the actual mail in two different accounts with their own quota.

In the larger scope I would say its better to go with the alias and just give the account double the quota. Its easier to manage and creates less overhead.
HOzdemir

Post by HOzdemir »

I've found a way:

zmprov ma hasan.ozdemir@domain.com +zimbraChildAccount 896525a6-ec33-426c-8069-c90a57e10425

zmprov ma hasan.ozdemir@domain.com +zimbraPrefChildVisibleAccount 896525a6-ec33-426c-8069-c90a57e10425

but if i do that, my zimbra ajax client is broken. It stays always on splash screen.
gusans

Post by gusans »

hi, did you find a solution to your issue?

i have the same requirement on my installation. so far, i had to set up the clients with mozilla thunderbird to achieve this functionality.

it would be great if we could use the web interface to do this.