Single Zimbra open source edition for 1000 users

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
RohitSavana

Single Zimbra open source edition for 1000 users

Post by RohitSavana »

We are planing to use zimbra open source edition for around 1000 users.Our Server's hardware specs are Intel Quad core Processor, 8 GB RAM and 1 TB SAS for storage.
Is our server hardware's capacity is enough to run zimbra server for 1000 users.

Kindly suggest good hardware specs for 1000 users for internal email server.
jsengupta

Re: Single Zimbra open source edition for 1000 users

Post by jsengupta »

I have a similar query. I would like a suggestion for hardware configuration which can support 1000 users.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

jsengupta wrote:I have a similar query. I would like a suggestion for hardware configuration which can support 1000 users.
Try searching the forums as this has been asked and answered many time as has your other question. ;) Please don't add your posts to thread that are five years old.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jsengupta

Post by jsengupta »

Sorry for doing that. But I have already searched the forum a bit and all I found was people asking whether their config is ok for deployment of certain number of users. If you can help it would be great. I just want a generic suggestion for no. of cpu cores and speed, amount of ram and storage to support 1000 users. Thank you.
Bittone

Post by Bittone »

Hello Jsengupta,
I think you are asking the wrong questions to the forum and to yourself.
How may concurrent access you think you need to support ? (you could have 1000 users that access their email once a week or 1000 users that use 5 devices each all days and so 5000 active sessions.
Zimbra is heavy on SQL so not how big but how fast is your storage?
When you will be able to answer those questions maybe you will have a clearer picture on your deployment.
Just my 2 cents.

Alberto