authenticating zimbra via external ldap

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
fathianf

Post by fathianf »

I am using zcs 85 on centos 6.5 with serveral virtual domains like my.domain.com that are authenticate via external ldap. Now I would like to authenticate my zimbra base domain that is @domain.com with external ldap so that admin@domain.com and other spam training users can be authenticating via external ldap. Is that happen without any problem?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

You can run the Configure Authentication Wizard for the domain, and use the Test button to confirm your settings are correct before saving the configuration. If it doesn't work, the error is posted right in the viewer, so you can narrow down the problem before trying again. Until you save the configuration, no changes are made, so this is very safe to do from the Admin Console.
fathianf

Post by fathianf »

thanks for reply. I would like to know does internal ldap send all information about users to external ldap or I should create users in external ldap before changing the authentication method?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Unless I misunderstood your question, all of the users must be in the external LDAP before changing the Authentication method, else valid users already existing in Zimbra's LDAP with Zimbra mailboxes won't be able to log in.