zmschedulebackup: syntax for '-a all' and '--mail-report'

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
warmbowski

zmschedulebackup: syntax for '-a all' and '--mail-report'

Post by warmbowski »

I was looking all over for information on how to use the properly implement the -a all and the --mail-report switches into the backup schedule on ZCS NE 7.1.3. I wanted my schedule to look exactly like the default schedule, except with a 14 day retention window. This is what I found out from guessing at various command line syntax:
For reference, here was the default schedule that was set up at install.

>zmschedulebackup -q

Current Schedule:
f 0 1 * * 6 -a all --mail-report

i 0 1 * * 0-5 --mail-report

d 1m 0 0 * * * --mail-report

Running the command the way I thought proper doubled up '--mail-report' on the 'full' line

zmschedulebackup -R "-a all --mail-report" f "0 1 * * 6" "--mail-report" i "0 1 * * 0-5" "--mail-report" d 14d "0 0 * * *"

Schedule replaced
Current Schedule:
f 0 1 * * 6 -a all --mail-report --mail-report

d 14d 0 0 * * * --mail-report

Leaving out a '--mail-report' before the 'f' got me the results that I wanted, but it seemed goofy to me.

zmschedulebackup -R "-a all" f "0 1 * * 6" "--mail-report" i "0 1 * * 0-5" "--mail-report" d 14d "0 0 * * *"

Schedule replaced
Current Schedule:
f 0 1 * * 6 -a all --mail-report

d 14d 0 0 * * * --mail-report

Since I really can't find any good examples or documentation, can anyone explain how the zmschedulebackup syntax for these switches relates to the actual schedule?
Also, what happens if I leave off the -a all? I would assume that it would backup all accounts without that switch.