email address validation

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
furina

email address validation

Post by furina »

Hi,

My problem is strange. My manager changed his name and email address in outlook but his credentials same and sent email to me. Mail delivered to me. How can i prevent this?
My zimbra version 8.7.1_GA_1670.FOSS and i tried this article but it is not worked. (https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Rejecting_ ... _addresses)

Thank you.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: email address validation

Post by phoenix »

furina wrote:Hi,

My problem is strange. My manager changed his name and email address in outlook but his credentials same and sent email to me. Mail delivered to me. How can i prevent this?
I don't really understand what you're trying to 'prevent'. If the login credentials have not changed then he still has an email account on your server and will still be able to send you mail, there's nothing wrong with that.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
furina

Post by furina »

Problem is credentials belongs to him but from address and name belongs someone else. (For example general manager)
mpeltier

Post by mpeltier »

Hi,
Using 8.7.x, enforcing a match between from address ans sasl username like described in the wiki works for us (the client machine should not belong to the trusted networks however, cf /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd/smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf).
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enforcing_ ... ername_8.5
Mathieu
furina

Post by furina »

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your reply. Your article was worked but other users can not send mail when everythings is true. Actually sometimes sent somtimes not :) Now turn back to old.