Zimbra + CalDAV + Outlook = Error 403

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
alien2108

Zimbra + CalDAV + Outlook = Error 403

Post by alien2108 »

Hey All!

We are using Zimbra 8.7.1GA1670 with Outlook CalDav Synchroniser to do sync of the Calendars over CalDAV. I did notice that Sync fails suddenly for some users with shared calendars with the following error in Zimbra:

dav - sending http error 403 because: Changing ORGANIZER of an appointment is not allowed: old='user@xxx.xx' new='new_user@xxxx.xx'

Now new_users@ has full access rights granted to the calendar of user@. I am not really sure why Organizer is being changed, but can I tell Zimbra somehow to allow that, since the user has full access rights anyhow?

I did notice a couple of other users had same issue in the past, bot no useful answer was found.
lethargos

Re: Zimbra + CalDAV + Outlook = Error 403

Post by lethargos »

Don't kid yourself. This forum is dead. If you don't pay for the commercial version, you kind of... don't matter :) I'd opt for a classical postfix/dovecot/amavis/spamassassin/clamd/roundcube whatever e-mail setup.
alien2108

Post by alien2108 »

Yeah...sadly I see exactly that....
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

ORGANIZER changes are disallowed for 2 reasons
  • The calendaring standards don't allow it. (The correct method is to cancel the meeting and get the new ORGANIZER to create a new one)
  • In the past, bugs in calendaring clients combined with us allowing ORGANIZER changes have caused total havoc as ATTENDEEs hijacked the meeting to be their own, causing responses to be re-routed to the wrong user who wasn't expecting it.
yeeP6rai

Post by yeeP6rai »

Workaround

Code: Select all

cat /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log|grep username|grep "dav - sending http error"
you will see url of .ics

download it (from username) and open by text editor. Find the name ("SUMMARY:" field) of the calendar event and delete it from calendar. Issue solved
Lewis-H

Post by Lewis-H »

What CalDAV server are you using? Can you check the server logs if there is any error? 403 just means the server blocks access for some reason.
Maybe you have no right to set the organizer and and you have to deactivate the MappingOption "Map Organizer and Attendees".