Rewrite addresses only when mail go outside

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Davide74

Rewrite addresses only when mail go outside

Post by Davide74 »

Hi to All!,

I have reviewed previous posts and suggestions on the matter, but I'm not able to find an answer to my needs,
So if the question have an easy answer, please forgive me and thanks in advance to point me to the right direction.

We have a distribution list, say is tis customer@domain.com.
This list is public and can receive mail from internet.
This list is distributed to some internal users, say they are john@domain.com, joe@domain.com, jane@domain.com.
We would like to have john, joe and jane send mail to outside as customer@domain.com.

If we use zimbraPrefReplyToAddress and zimbraMailCanonicalAddress we are able to achieve this goal,
but then when john send a mail to jane, the address is rewrote as well and this is the problem.

What we would like is to have prefReplay and canonical rewrite rules applied only to outgoing mail.

Is there a Zimbra supported way to do this?
Are there someone with enough postfix knowledge able to suggest a change to postfix config that does not break zimbra completely?

Thanks in advance
Davide
dipeshmehta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Rewrite addresses only when mail go outside

Post by dipeshmehta »

Have you tried with postfix's generic maps? Check out this - http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITIN ... ml#generic I had used this feature when I was using plain postfix mail server, don't know if it can be used within zimbra.
opsystem

Re: Rewrite addresses only when mail go outside

Post by opsystem »

Davide74 wrote:Hi to All!,

I have reviewed previous posts and suggestions on the matter, but I'm not able to find an answer to my needs,
So if the question have an easy answer, please forgive me and thanks in advance to point me to the right direction.

We have a distribution list, say is tis customer@domain.com.
This list is public and can receive mail from internet.
This list is distributed to some internal users, say they are john@domain.com, joe@domain.com, jane@domain.com.
We would like to have john, joe and jane send mail to outside as customer@domain.com.

If we use zimbraPrefReplyToAddress and zimbraMailCanonicalAddress we are able to achieve this goal,
but then when john send a mail to jane, the address is rewrote as well and this is the problem.

What we would like is to have prefReplay and canonical rewrite rules applied only to outgoing mail.

Is there a Zimbra supported way to do this?
Are there someone with enough postfix knowledge able to suggest a change to postfix config that does not break zimbra completely?

Thanks in advance
Davide
Hi Davide, did you resolve your issue? I'm trying to achieve the same result but the parameter smtp_generic_maps does not work as expected... See: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63234&p=280350