Centos 7 + ZCS 8.7.11 don't work

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Despair

Centos 7 + ZCS 8.7.11 don't work

Postby Despair » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 am

Hello!
I install Zimbra on my new server, but it's not working. In admin-panel status of server and applications is online, and no error in /var/log/messages, var/log/maillog. I have no errors during installation, only dns-name of server, but this error was maked because this server not written in dns-server.
So, Admin-panel is working, but when I try visit authorisation-page - it's not found!
Firewall is off. Log is empty. tell me please, where may be error?

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Centos 7 + ZCS 8.7.11 don't work

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:38 am

Despair wrote:Hello!
I install Zimbra on my new server, but it's not working. In admin-panel status of server and applications is online, and no error in /var/log/messages, var/log/maillog. I have no errors during installation, only dns-name of server, but this error was maked because this server not written in dns-server.
So, Admin-panel is working, but when I try visit authorisation-page - it's not found!
You need valid DNS A & MX records for your server (as mentioned in the documentation), do you have those and is your server behind a firewall/NAT or on a Public IP?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Despair

Postby Despair » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 am

phoenix wrote:
Despair wrote:Hello!
You need valid DNS A & MX records for your server (as mentioned in the documentation), do you have those and is your server behind a firewall/NAT or on a Public IP?

my server is behind NAT, and haven't public IP. And I trying visit my zimbra-server not at dns-name, I trying visit it by local-ip. It's should work... or not?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 am

Despair wrote:my server is behind NAT, and haven't public IP. And I trying visit my zimbra-server not at dns-name, I trying visit it by local-ip. It's should work... or not?
No, it will not work. As I've already mentioned you need valid DNS A & MX records and as you're behind a NAT router you need to follow the wiki article on Split DNS: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_DNS - that will tell you everything you need to know and how to verify it's correct.
Regards

Bill

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Despair

Postby Despair » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am

phoenix wrote:
Despair wrote:my server is behind NAT, and haven't public IP. And I trying visit my zimbra-server not at dns-name, I trying visit it by local-ip. It's should work... or not?
No, it will not work. As I've already mentioned you need valid DNS A & MX records and as you're behind a NAT router you need to follow the wiki article on Split DNS: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_DNS - that will tell you everything you need to know and how to verify it's correct.

Thank you,I did not manage to run the bind as in the specified article
Failed to start Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS).

I'll read about this, about result I will write here
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am

I should mention that you can also disable the ZCS dnscache if you're going to run a caching DNS server on your LAN. For CentOS7 here's an article (one of many) from the internet: http://linuxpitstop.com/dns-server-setu ... s-7-linux/ - there's also tons of them for Ubuntu. I tend to prefer PowerDNS Server & Recursor myself as it's easier to set-up and gives better performance.
Regards

Bill

Despair

Postby Despair » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:19 am

phoenix wrote:I should mention that you can also disable the ZCS dnscache if you're going to run a caching DNS server on your LAN. For CentOS7 here's an article (one of many) from the internet: http://linuxpitstop.com/dns-server-setu ... s-7-linux/ - there's also tons of them for Ubuntu. I tend to prefer PowerDNS Server & Recursor myself as it's easier to set-up and gives better performance.

Thank you wery much, maybe I read not enoth documentation before installing ZSC, but I will correct this omission
milauria
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby milauria » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 pm

For my installation I had to install dnsmasq following the second part of the split dns wiki, Bind was too overkill for my skillset ... then performed a Zimbra install excluding the dnscache service and it was all good with no warning during installation on DNS resolution etc.... hope it helps
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby jorgedlcruz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello,
We did wrote an article explaining how to install Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 with dnsmasq and everything, here the link:

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Technical Marketing Manager at Zimbra/Synacor https://www.zimbra.com/

Return to “Administrators”