Zimbra 8.8?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
moren
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.7.11_P10

Zimbra 8.8?

Post by moren »

Is this release been un-released?

The download pages now show 8.7.11 (and 8.8 still in beta)
https://www.zimbra.org/download/zimbra-collaboration

Confusing for end users and no information regarding this...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra 8.8?

Post by phoenix »

moren wrote:Is this release been un-released?
You would guess so wouldn't you but there was no official announcement about it's demotion. :(

FWIW, I'm using 8.8.4 without problems apart from a minor hiccup in 8.8.3 and 8.8.4 with IPv6 that caused the proxy to not start although that was an easy fix. Others have also had problems, if you look around the forums you should find further info.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

phoenix wrote:
moren wrote:Is this release been un-released?
You would guess so wouldn't you but there was no official announcement about it's demotion. :(

FWIW, I'm using 8.8.4 without problems apart from a minor hiccup in 8.8.3 and 8.8.4 with IPv6 that caused the proxy to not start although that was an easy fix. Others have also had problems, if you look around the forums you should find further info.
Hello,

I think that everybody agree that the mix between "Release Candidates" or "Ready for Production" instead of "BETA" and "GA" cause more harm than good.

ccelis
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

ccelis5215 wrote:Hello,

I think that everybody agree that the mix between "Release Candidates" or "Ready for Production" instead of "BETA" and "GA" cause more harm than good.

ccelis
I agree but those two versions were released as GA and then withdrawn and then changed to beta which isn't very useful as you're not supposed to downgrade Zimbra. Not enough of the community test the beta versions and, AFAIK, the only beta release we get these days are for the Network Edition. I also have to question the QA as the problem I hit with IPv6 was obvious as soon as I installed ZCS, granted it was a trivial fix but still annoying none the less.

There are also many, many bug reports that have been outstanding for years that fall into the 'trivial fix' category but none of those seem to be getting addressed perhaps one day, if I live that long. :D
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi guys,
We realize there's been confusion around our upcoming Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 product, and we want to most earnestly apologize for our part in adding to that confusion. Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 is NOT GA--8.8 is Beta.

We will issue a press release when 8.8 becomes Generally Available, as well as will post the news to our forums, blog, social media accounts, etc. Thank you for your loyalty to and support of Zimbra. We are honored to hold your trust and look forward to continuing to work together and bringing you outstanding products, always remembering that your success is our success.

*As a Reminder, Please DO NOT UPGRADE your Production Environments. This 8.8 Beta release is for Testing Purposes only. Zimbra will NOT provide Technical Support for those who upgrade a live Zimbra Infrastructure.

(However, for Network Edition Customers, if you recently *installed Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.3 or 8.8.4 into your Production environment and you need extra guidance, we're here to help. Please contact Support.)

If you want to try the 8.8 Beta on your lab or staging environments, please feel free to download it from here - https://info.zimbra.com/try-zcs-8.8-beta
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
gurpreet.sk

Post by gurpreet.sk »

HI all,
I just upgraded zimbra 8.7 to zimbra 8.8, I got issue with Zimbra 8.8, IMPAD is not running. While checking in Zimbra.log file, error shows: Command not defined for imapd.
Everthing else seem working fine. I search online but couldnt able to find any solutions.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

gurpreet.sk wrote:HI all,
I just upgraded zimbra 8.7 to zimbra 8.8, I got issue with Zimbra 8.8, IMPAD is not running. While checking in Zimbra.log file, error shows: Command not defined for imapd.
Everthing else seem working fine. I search online but couldnt able to find any solutions.
I presume you mean "imapd", you don't need it for a single server, disable it or ignore the fact it's not running. ;)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
imanudin11
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64

Post by imanudin11 »

jorgedlcruz wrote: (However, for Network Edition Customers, if you recently *installed Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.3 or 8.8.4 into your Production environment and you need extra guidance, we're here to help. Please contact Support.)

If you want to try the 8.8 Beta on your lab or staging environments, please feel free to download it from here - https://info.zimbra.com/try-zcs-8.8-beta
Hi Jorge,
Yesterday my client have been moved from ZCS 8.6 into 8.8.3 on production server. So far working well. But, i will check and monitor on Monday. If i having problem, i will contact Zimbra Support :) . Thanks for support