"Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints" after replacing to Microsoft CA signed certificate

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Andrey

"Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints" after replacing to Microsoft CA signed certificate

Post by Andrey »

Hello

Zimbra 8.6.0 Open Source is installed.
I had self signed certificate and it expired. I decided to use new one from intranet corporate CA (Microsoft) to not populate self-signed via GPO again.
I have successfully done certificate and root CA deployment and everything seems work well, like web-interface via https in browsers, imap and smtp with ssl but i noticed that shared folders stopped working and I see this error if I try run zmprov

Code: Select all

ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints, server: localhost) (cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints)
Server certificate has:

New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
Server public key is 2048 bit
Secure Renegotiation IS supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1.2
    Cipher    : ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
All certificates in chain also have `Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption`

I commented #jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms= in /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/java.security but with no luck.

The cipher is modern and one of the most strong, what is causing such error?
Andrey

Re: "Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints" after replacing to Microsoft CA signed certificate

Post by Andrey »

Enabled debug and find out next:
Root CA and intermediate CA has next lines

Signature Algorithm: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.10, params unparsed, OID = 1.2.840.113549.1.1.10
it is RSASSA-PSS and it is looks like not supported in java :(
Unfortunately I have to back to self-signed certificate or renew root certificates with other algorithm.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: "Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints" after replacing to Microsoft CA signed certificate

Post by phoenix »

You could always use a LetsEncrypt certificate: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60781
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Andrey

Post by Andrey »

phoenix wrote:You could always use a LetsEncrypt certificate
I already use it for external access (via apache proxy) could I have subjectAltNames with internal domain? like mail.domain.local inside LetsEncrypt certificate?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Andrey wrote:
phoenix wrote:You could always use a LetsEncrypt certificate
I already use it for external access (via apache proxy) could I have subjectAltNames with internal domain? like mail.domain.local inside LetsEncrypt certificate?
Yes, I believe you can, it's mentioned in this blog post: https://scotthelme.co.uk/setting-up-le/
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Andrey

Post by Andrey »

phoenix wrote:Yes, I believe you can
I'm afraid I'm not. Domain must be publicity resolvable

An unexpected error occurred:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
The request message was malformed :: Error creating new authz :: Name does not end in a public suffix
Anyway, I found out that CA certificates was already renewed with correct Signature Algorithm some time ago. I have applied them and everything work OK now.
The problem is solved.