ZCS 8.8GA & IPv6 bug

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS 8.8GA & IPv6 bug

Post by phoenix »

I cant believe that again a release of ZCS has gone GA with an active bug that breaks IPv6 installations, this is the relevant bug: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=108293 - comment number 6 has the fix for it and that works for me with the ZCS 8.8.5 that's been released today(?).

I find it hard to understand why such simple fixes are not put into ZCS releases or at least given prominence in the release notes, isn't it about time that the Product Portal returned and some semblance of movement on bugs was made so that the Open Source Community has some feedback on what's happening in Zimbra? Synacor makes a big show of supporting the open source community ecosphere around Zimbra but seems totally lacking in any commitment to these forums or providing any information that would avoid idiotic bugs like this one from being released in a GA version of ZCS. I've said it before and I'l say it again, there's a total lack of involvement from anyone at Synacor in these forums and there appears to be no interest in engaging anyone here in improving the product for the many NE customers or the Open Source users of ZCS.

Having been around these forums for over twelve years I've never seem them in such a state, they're basically on life support and in their current from I'm not sure if they'll last but perhaps that's the intention of Synacor?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra