Zimbra 8.0.9 migration few issues

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Labsy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra 8.0.9 migration few issues

Post by Labsy »

Hi,

I've just finished (3rd time) the 1st step of migration of my Zimbra 8.0.9 from Ubuntu 10.04 first hop to Ubuntu 14.04. Previous attempts by using Zimbra built-in migration or even ZEXtras backup and restore failed. One mothod does not migrate passwords, calendars etc, the Zextras method only did partial migration, some mails were missing, some calendars were empty...so this weekend I went manually.
[*]Did fresh install Ubuntu 14.04 and fresh same version of ZCS 8.0.9[*]
[*]Then migrated LDAP, MySQL, all passwords, spam and ham addresses[*]
[*]When all passwords and XML matched, I copied over with rsync + ssh /opt/zimbra/store, preserving owner and group[*]
[*]Manually updated ssh keys, ssl, then enabled proxy and memcached...[*]
But now have some problems:
1.) Webmail's WebGUI folder list + messages list only populates half of browser window (but log-off and search on top is fully stretched to the right), regardless of how you stretch browser across the screen and regardless of browser. (Admin GUI os OK).
2.) Webmail SEARCH only returns results AFTER migration. Old/migrated mails are not found. If I run Reindex Mailbox, search works...but there are 2000+ mailboxes, I cannot manually run reindex on each.

Any ideas how to fix those?
Labsy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra 8.0.9 migration few issues

Post by Labsy »

Aha, regarding webmail using only half of browser, it's a known issue with Chrome and obviously I fixed it some time ago on old server and forgot:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Web ... rome_45%2B

Regarding reindexing all mailboxes, I will obviously need to employ some server resources:
viewtopic.php?t=26037