Android Email Setup

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Android Email Setup

Post by patrickwilson82 »

Does anyone have good instructions on how to set up Zimbra email on Android? I have no issues getting it work on iPhone, but I've yet to successfully be able to do so on Android. I've tried to manually set it up as exchange. And I've tried to import the same certificate that I use on PC's for Outlook. But nothing has worked so far.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Android Email Setup

Post by phoenix »

That depends on the version of ZCS that you're using and you should always post the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
It would also help if you gave some indication of which 'client' you're using on android, how you're trying to connect and what errors you're seeing.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Post by patrickwilson82 »

Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU16.64

I'm trying to set up on a Samsung using the Android native email client. I'm getting cannot connect to server. I know that I'm using the correct server name. I've tried the username with and without the domain name in front of it. I've tried with SSL and without. And I've also tried using the certificate, and not using the certificate.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Have you tried using a play store app such as K9 to see if you can get that working? Do you have a firewall and are the correct ports open? I'm afraid I don't know much about the android client except that most people seem to have problems with it. :(
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra