charset in subject line

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
bayerlein

charset in subject line

Post by bayerlein »

Hi,

I am new to Zimbra and it is awesome. I installed the community edition from the latest packages last week. Everything works fine - send and receiving mails, connecting via caldav and so on. But today, I got a mail with a charset in the subject line. From the sender, every subject line begins with "=?iso-8859-1?Q?". Now Zimbra is sending and receiving everything in UTF-8, that is what I know and can see in the mail header. But how can I resolve this behaviour?

If you have got questions, plz feel free to ask. It would be very cool, if you can give me a hint.

Thank you very much
Raun
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: charset in subject line

Post by Raun »

I would recommend checking the header of the mail and verify if it is RFC 822 compliant.
bayerlein

Post by bayerlein »

Hi Raun,

thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer. It have something to do with the webui, because if I am downloading every mail via IMAPs into Thunderbird, everything looks normal. Or if I forward it to another mail server and send it back, it comes up with no iso-8859 at the beginning.

Is ther a charset problem or how can I debug it?

Thank you very much,
Ludwig
bayerlein

Post by bayerlein »

Hmm I cant get further. Do you have an idea how to solve this?