SSL certificates: domain name mismatch with common name

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rishi

SSL certificates: domain name mismatch with common name

Post by rishi »

I have a mail domain with Comodo certificates. I created a new mail domain from there and deployed lets encrypt certificates(it is valid and succeed). But at web Interface, the new domain shows the certifcates of comodo (of initial mail domain), and the browser says insecure due to common name mismatch with domain name.
How colud I slove this issue?
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: SSL certificates: domain name mismatch with common name

Post by gabrieles »

Give us some more info.
You have the default domain "example.com", certificates for "mail.example.com" and access your webmail via "mail.example.com" url
When you add a new domain "another.com", and you want to access it via "webmail.another.com" you have to set the zimbraPublicServiceHostname of the domain as "webmail.another.com", confgure properly your dns/nat/firewall/whatever to reach it, then deploy certificates, valid for "webmail.another.com", per-domain (https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/SSL_certif ... per_domain)
sunil_ghimire

Re: SSL certificates: domain name mismatch with common name

Post by sunil_ghimire »

I have example.com as my zimbra mail server. I have few other domains running from here. Each have their own certificates installed and working well. I created new domain anotherdomain.com and installed certificates on it.The certificates were deployed successfully but my browser shows the Common Name for my certificate as example.com. i.e, It displays the certificate of example.com instead of anotherdomain.com

I have zimbra version 8.7.1