Link "Forgot my password" disappeared after upgrade to 8.8.9

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Re: Link "Forgot my password" disappeared after upgrade to 8.8.9

Post by lytledd »

DavidMerrill wrote:Good point thanks Mark!

Might've been best to start a new thread (as I'm running the latest 8.8.11 P3), anyway. This system has been upgraded from 8.8.9 (so maybe that's related).
David,

I followed those instructions on my 8.8.11 P2 install on one of my domains and it worked without issue (Don't know how to add an address, but that's for another thread)

Doug
DavidMerrill
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P19

Post by DavidMerrill »

Thanks for confirming, must be me or something about this install that I brought up to 8.8.11 from 8.8.9.

Adding the address is pretty easy/mundane, you'll find it under the users' Preferences, then Acccounts (from the left-hand-side), then you'll see a section called Password Recovery Account Settings.
DavidMerrill
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P19

Post by DavidMerrill »

Finally sorted it out.

It REALLY bothered me that it wasn't clear exactly HOW Zimbra knows to show the "Forgot password" link before knowing ANYTHING about who is logging in. Zimbra says you can set "zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus" per domain & COS but how does that help if the user hasn't typed anything in yet?

I kept coming back to the fact the only thing Zimbra had was that I was trying to log into

- securemail.abc.net

which is the FQDN for the server.

Within Zimbra I HAD set

- securemail.abc.net

as an alias domain for

- abc.net

the default domain in this Zimbra deployment (I think I did this way back when to address some email recipient settings w/in zimbra).

On a whim I decided to set zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus for this alias domain as well

Code: Select all

zimbra@securemail:~$ zmprov md securemail.abc.net zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus enabled
zimbra@securemail:~$ zmprov gd securemail.abc.net zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus enabled
# name securemail.rnome.net
zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus: enabled
and restarted Zimbra services and what do you know, the "Forgot password" link is there!

Post-game analysis:

- I'd assumed that settings for abc.net would apply to securemail.abc.net as well
- If I'd been logging into https://abc.net I suspect the "Forgot password" link would've been there.
Last edited by DavidMerrill on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Hi David
DavidMerrill wrote:Finally sorted it out.
Well done on your analysis of this problem.

Post-game analysis:

- I'd assumed that settings for abc.net would apply securemail.abc.net[/quote]Although I don't use this feature I thought I'd have a look at it and your solution fixed it for me, as well. Adding the setting to any of the domains on my server did nothing, adding it to the domain that's the fqdn of the server fixed it - strange and not intuitive.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra