Clean and empty ZCS 8.8.9 Server and Ubuntu 16.04 issues

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Clean and empty ZCS 8.8.9 Server and Ubuntu 16.04 issues

Post by L. Mark Stone »

realsparticle wrote:I have just shutdown the server and put it back to 4 CPU and 8 GB all starts fine and the server is back up and running and responsive.

This makes no sense!

Any ideas?

Cheers
Spart
In my more than ten years dealing with Zimbra, my experience has been that most issues like yours are DNS or configuration related. Happy to help but we need specifics.

If it's working fine for you now and it stays that way, great. If you made no changes at the OS level then it speaks to an issue at the hypervisor level or lower, not at the OS/Zimbra level.

Best,
Mark
realsparticle

Re: Clean and empty ZCS 8.8.9 Server and Ubuntu 16.04 issues

Post by realsparticle »

Mark,

As I said at the top of the post. There were no networking issues. The only change on the next reboot was going back to 4 cores and 8 gb.

I have rebooted twice and each time the server and services come up and start perfectly. Zimbra 8.8.9 on Ubuntu 16.0.5 is noticeably slower than the previous server 8.0.7 on 12.04.

There server was installed with 4 cores and 8GB but this does seem like a red herring. I can´t account for the issues.

Spart