Zimbra 8.8.8 Blacklisting not working

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra 8.8.8 Blacklisting not working

Post by BharathS »

Hi Team,

I'm currently on Zimbra version 8.8.8_GA_2096.NETWORK, earlier I used domain blacklisting and I think it was working but with the current version the files have changed, I have followed the instructions here https://blog.zimbra.com/2017/09/block-i ... s-domains/ but when performing this operation there is an error, unable to modify attributes.

zimbra@zimbra:~/common/conf$ zmprov ms 'zimbrahost' +zimbraMtaSmtpdSenderRestrictions "check_sender_access lmdb:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/postfix_reject_sender"
ERROR: account.INVALID_ATTR_VALUE (invalid attr value: invalid attr value - unable to modify attributes: ldap host=zimbra.emeraldsystems.com:389: attribute 'zimbraMtaSmtpdSenderRestrictions' cannot have multiple values)
zimbra@zimbra:~/common/conf$

Last edited by BharathS on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Zimbra 8.8.8 Blacklisting not working

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

try like this :

Code: Select all

zmprov ms $(zmhostname) zimbraMtaSmtpdSenderRestrictions "actual_value, check_sender_access lmdb:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/postfix_reject_sender"
Regards,
king0770
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by king0770 »

Another option is if you are using the Zimbra Anti-Spam service, you can use the amavisBlacklistSender setting.

e.g.

zmprov md example.com +amavisBlacklistSender badspammer.org <<==note the use of the plus sign character
--
Rick King
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

The command worked but even after postmaping it the blacklisting is not working :(
DualBoot wrote:Hello,

try like this :

Code: Select all

zmprov ms $(zmhostname) zimbraMtaSmtpdSenderRestrictions "actual_value, check_sender_access lmdb:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/postfix_reject_sender"
Regards,
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

king0770 wrote:Another option is if you are using the Zimbra Anti-Spam service, you can use the amavisBlacklistSender setting.

e.g.

zmprov md example.com +amavisBlacklistSender badspammer.org <<==note the use of the plus sign character
How do i confirm if my zimbra is using anti-spam services? I know it has amavisd, clamav, spamassassin.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member

Post by DualBoot »

You can check the mail headers.
king0770
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by king0770 »

zmcontrol status
--
Rick King
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

king0770 wrote:Another option is if you are using the Zimbra Anti-Spam service, you can use the amavisBlacklistSender setting.

e.g.

I can see amavisd is running, is there a documentation/article on this? is there any danger in running the above command?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member

Post by DualBoot »

No danger unless you blacklist a trusted domain.
If you need to rollback, just replay the command but instead of the plus use the minus.
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

DualBoot wrote:No danger unless you blacklist a trusted domain.
If you need to rollback, just replay the command but instead of the plus use the minus.
Thanks, I have blacklisted the desired domains, now to observe the log and hoping this took care of blacklisting the sender domain.