Disabling View Mail in zimbra 8.8.8

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Disabling View Mail in zimbra 8.8.8

Post by BharathS »

Hi All,

It appears the feature "View Mail" is back, earlier this was a zimlet which could be disabled/removed easily but with 8.8.8 it is back and no zimlet to remove, can anyone give me steps how to remove this view mail as this is a very vulnerable feature where admins can view anyones email. Appreciate the help!.

Regards,
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Disabling View Mail in zimbra 8.8.8

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

only the first account admin can use view mail feature. If do not want it , create an other admin account with less privileges and block the original one.
Or you can disable this function by using acl on the original admin account but admin himself can undone which has been done.

Regards,
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

DualBoot wrote:Hello,

only the first account admin can use view mail feature. If do not want it , create an other admin account with less privileges and block the original one.
Or you can disable this function by using acl on the original admin account but admin himself can undone which has been done.

Regards,
Yes, I want to have this removed for main admin account, how can this be achieved?
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

BharathS wrote:Hi All,

It appears the feature "View Mail" is back, earlier this was a zimlet which could be disabled/removed easily but with 8.8.8 it is back and no zimlet to remove, can anyone give me steps how to remove this view mail as this is a very vulnerable feature where admins can view anyones email. Appreciate the help!.

Regards,
Hi, if you want to remove this functionality for all admins you can go to Configure -> Admin extensions and then remove the "com_zimbra_viewmail" extension.

It's zimlet, but since it's for the admin interface you will find it in Admin extensions.

Best regards.
BharathS
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BharathS »

Thanks!

I was able to Undeploy the viewmail zimlet, this solves my problem, thanks again!