An unknown error has occurred - Webmail Login

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
kelvinsm

An unknown error has occurred - Webmail Login

Post by kelvinsm »

Hi, im facing a problem login on webmail on my new installation of zimbra 8.8.10_GA_3716 on ubuntu 16.04, it installed without any errors, but when i tried to login with the default admin account on webmail its saying "An unknown error has occurred"
even if you enter wrong password same error. I can login ok in admin and all services are running.

amavis Running
antispam Running
antivirus Running
dnscache Running
ldap Running
logger Running
mailbox Running
memcached Running
mta Running
opendkim Running
proxy Running
service webapp Running
snmp Running
spell Running
stats Running
zimbra webapp Running
zimbraAdmin webapp Running
zimlet webapp Running
zmconfigd Running

I also added a domain but i cannot even login using the users on that domain. please advise. Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_43.png
Screenshot_43.png (13.42 KiB) Viewed 10878 times
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: An unknown error has occurred - Webmail Login

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

I'm on my phone and for some reason I can't see the screenshot.

Can you check (cat) these logs:
/opt/zimbra/log/audit.log
/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
/var/log/zimbra.log

Search for words like 'suspended' or 'blocked'...maybe something like this:
$ cat filename.log | grep -i "suspen\|block"

Enviado desde mi EVA-AL10 mediante Tapatalk
justdave
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.9.GA.3019.UBUNTU16.64 FOSS

Post by justdave »

I'm replying to an old thread, but Google was finding this for the question and it never really got answered here, and since I was running into the same problem and found a solution to it I thought I'd share for the next person to find this thread via Google. :-)

Check if it works in a different browser. If it's a specific browser that's doing it, try clearing your local storage for the site. Local storage is not cookies, it's the storage space sites are allowed to use to make web apps work better by storing some of your site-specific data there. I was running into this in Firefox, and clearing the local storage fixed it. In Firefox, this is clicking on the information icon/padlock next to the url, and picking "Clear Cookies and Site Data..." from the bottom of the menu that pops up. If you want to specifically clear the storage without dumping the cookies that can be done from the Storage tab in the developer tools.
thomas.maeder

Post by thomas.maeder »

I am having the "Unknown error" problem using a browser where login worked until yesterday.

Clearing the local storage does not help.

I can't find an error message in the logs - I see the login attempt in the proxy log, but nothing else.