Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
king0770
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users

Post by king0770 »

This is a known bug which should be fixed in a upcoming patch release (unknown when the patch will be released).
--
Rick King
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

king0770 wrote:This is a known bug which should be fixed in a upcoming patch release (unknown when the patch will be released).
That's great to know Rick, thanks very much for your feedback. Will look forward to the patch.
jeastman
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by jeastman »

Just for reference, this issue is address in the following pull-request: https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-ajax/pull/75 and https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-web-client/pull/443
John Eastman
Matt Drown
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.7 FOSS

Post by Matt Drown »

king0770 wrote:This is a known bug which should be fixed in a upcoming patch release (unknown when the patch will be released).
Thanks for the information, looking forward to the fix :)
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

jeastman wrote:Just for reference, this issue is address in the following pull-request: https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-ajax/pull/75 and https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-web-client/pull/443
Sorry to ask but has anyone an idea when the fix might find its way into a general patch? The majority of our users all use Edge so it is creating a major headache for us. Thanks a lot for any input you might be able to provide!
interim-cpenen

Post by interim-cpenen »

johnroberts wrote:An unashamed bump up on this issue...

Can anyone else confirm if they are having problems with the Zimbra web client using the latest Microsoft Edge web browser? Your input will help myself and Matt to know if the problem is general or localised with our installations!

Thanks a lot!

Yes I can confirm that we are having problems with Zimbra web client using the latest Microsoft Edge browser. What is happening is that as soon as the user types in his/her credentials (using AJAX mode login) it just hangs at the loading screen. The Standard HTML works fine, but the users don't like that version. This morning I have received several calls about it. I also suspect this is happening because of a Windows Update because I have confirmed with most of those users that their OS updated very recently. Now I'm not sure if its Windows Feature Update (1809) or if its a different update that is causing this. We are using 8.6.0_GA_1182.NETWORK.

I hope this helps.
interim-cpenen

Post by interim-cpenen »

dparker wrote:I'm using the same free version (FOSS) 8.8.10.GA.3039.UBUNTU16.64. I have the same issue. I noticed that Windows 10 1803 can still access Ajax login just fine, but the Windows 10 1809 builds are failing.

Yes I believe you are right. All of the users who have recently called me about this error also appear to have recently undergone Windows Updates within which I could only presume it was updated to 1809.
Matt Drown

Post by Matt Drown »

FYI, a temporary solution in edge is to open the zimbra page in Internet Explorer. From within Edge, select the three-dots menu, in the upper right, select "more-tools", then "open in internet explorer". This opens a new page and you get classic web browsing, that at least loads the ajax interface, no promises after that.

Hopefully a patch is going to show up in a reasonable amount of time.
Matt Drown

Post by Matt Drown »

Woke up today with this installed - Mar 02 05:14:32 Updated: zimbra-patch-8.8.11.1551264886.p3-1.r6.x86_64

And Edge works again. (After a restart)

And I spoke a little soon, the admin console just loads to a blank page now under edge, but the user login appears to work fine.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

The Release Notes from 8.8.11 Patch 3 indicate a fix for Edge browsers and Chrome 73 is included.