Can't forward from shared mailbox

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Can't forward from shared mailbox

Post by patrickwilson82 »

So User John left my company and User Jane replaced him. I gave Jane shared access to John's mailbox, but any time she tries to forward one of his emails from Outlook, she gets a bounceback stating that she doesn't have permission to do this. I even gave her Administrative access, but it's still not working. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Can't forward from shared mailbox

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

I'm not quite sure that providing access to a user mailbox, will give that user the rights to "send as" and "send on behalf of" that one would typically need when performing such actions.

Could you make sure that from user John (I think you can do this from admin console go to john -> view mail - > preferences -> mail --> delegates ), you designate as delegate to "send as" and "send on behalf of" to user Jane?
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Re: Can't forward from shared mailbox

Post by patrickwilson82 »

pup_seba wrote:Hi,

I'm not quite sure that providing access to a user mailbox, will give that user the rights to "send as" and "send on behalf of" that one would typically need when performing such actions.

Could you make sure that from user John (I think you can do this from admin console go to john -> view mail - > preferences -> mail --> delegates ), you designate as delegate to "send as" and "send on behalf of" to user Jane?
That solved the issue. Thanks!