Zimbra Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Artem

Zimbra Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master

Post by Artem »

Hello!
I apologize for incorrect English. I translate into English with the help of Google.
I have a server Zimbra 8.7.0_GA_1659.FOSS.
The local name of the server that is registered in the hostname is mail.examle.local. External name mail.example.ua . I have a certificate from Сomodo to the domain *example.ua . Installed the certificate through the console - everything became. When i restart zimbra services sees an error -
Zimbra Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master. Fixing this error can only be done by installing a self-signed certificate.
Help me please to install Comodo certificate.
deepvoice

Re: Zimbra Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master

Post by deepvoice »

Same problem!
Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master.

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key /tmp/commercial.crt /tmp/commercial_ca.crt
** Verifying '/tmp/commercial.crt' against '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key'
Certificate '/tmp/commercial.crt' and private key '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' match.
** Verifying '/tmp/commercial.crt' against '/tmp/commercial_ca.crt'
Valid certificate chain: /tmp/commercial.crt: OK

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm /tmp/commercial.crt /tmp/commercial_ca.crt
** Verifying '/tmp/commercial.crt' against '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key'
Certificate '/tmp/commercial.crt' and private key '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' match.
** Verifying '/tmp/commercial.crt' against '/tmp/commercial_ca.crt'
Valid certificate chain: /tmp/commercial.crt: OK
** Copying '/tmp/commercial.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt'
** Copying '/tmp/commercial_ca.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial_ca.crt'
** Appending ca chain '/tmp/commercial_ca.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt'
** Importing cert '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial_ca.crt' as 'zcs-user-commercial_ca' into cacerts '/opt/zimbra/common/lib/jvm/java/lib/security/cacerts'
** NOTE: restart mailboxd to use the imported certificate.
** Saving config key 'zimbraSSLCertificate' via zmprov modifyServer myhost.com...ok
** Saving config key 'zimbraSSLPrivateKey' via zmprov modifyServer myhost.com...ok
** Installing imapd certificate '/opt/zimbra/conf/imapd.crt' and key '/opt/zimbra/conf/imapd.key'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/imapd.crt'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/imapd.key'
** Creating file '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/jetty.pkcs12'
** Creating keystore '/opt/zimbra/conf/imapd.keystore'
** Installing ldap certificate '/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt' and key '/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.key'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.key'
** Creating file '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/jetty.pkcs12'
** Creating keystore '/opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/keystore'
** Installing mta certificate '/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt' and key '/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key'
** Installing proxy certificate '/opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.crt' and key '/opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.key'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crt' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.crt'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.key'
** NOTE: restart services to use the new certificates.
** Cleaning up 3 files from '/opt/zimbra/conf/ca'
** Removing /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/e1a1ef4f.0
** Removing /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/ca.key
** Removing /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/ca.pem
** Copying CA to /opt/zimbra/conf/ca
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/ca/ca.key' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/ca/ca.key'
** Copying '/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/ca/ca.pem' to '/opt/zimbra/conf/ca/ca.pem'
** Creating CA hash symlink 'e1a1ef4f.0' -> 'ca.pem'
** Creating /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/commercial_ca_1.crt
** Creating CA hash symlink '65ff7287.0' -> 'commercial_ca_1.crt'
** Creating /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/commercial_ca_2.crt
** Creating CA hash symlink 'fc5a8f99.0' -> 'commercial_ca_2.crt'
** Creating /opt/zimbra/conf/ca/commercial_ca_3.crt
** Creating CA hash symlink '157753a5.0' -> 'commercial_ca_3.crt'

zmcontrol restart
Host myhost(*fictional).com
Stopping zmconfigd...Done.
Stopping imapd...Done.
Stopping zimlet webapp...Done.
Stopping zimbraAdmin webapp...Done.
Stopping zimbra webapp...Done.
Stopping service webapp...Done.
Stopping stats...Done.
Stopping mta...Done.
Stopping spell...Done.
Stopping snmp...Done.
Stopping cbpolicyd...Done.
Stopping archiving...Done.
Stopping opendkim...Done.
Stopping amavis...Done.
Stopping antivirus...Done.
Stopping antispam...Done.
Stopping proxy...Done.
Stopping memcached...Done.
Stopping mailbox...Done.
Stopping logger...Done.
Stopping dnscache...Done.
Stopping ldap...Done.
Host myhost(*fictional).com
Starting ldap...Done.
Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master.
jaca_sv

Re: Zimbra Unable to start TLS: hostname verification failed when connecting to ldap master

Post by jaca_sv »

Hello

Try the following as zimbra user:

Code: Select all

zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true 
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_starttls_supported=0 
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_starttls_required=false 
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_common_require_tls=0
Then

Code: Select all

zmcontrol restart
Hope it helps...
deepvoice

Post by deepvoice »

Nope :(

What I have is a very expensive multi-domain cert whose originating domain is not the zimbra server domain. Have a lot of SANs on this cert one of them is the zimbra server domain. Now I have to buy a completely separate certificate for a domain I already purchased a certificate for just to make it work :(