Compromised account sending massive spam

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ALP_88

Compromised account sending massive spam

Post by ALP_88 »

Hello, a few days ago I have some problems with my server Zimbra NE 8.8.8 patch 4. An account was compromised and was used to send spam. The problem is that the account was blocked, the password was changed and the services were restarted. But the account keeps sending spam. The only way to not send is to set it as closed.

I have reviewed Mynetworks and everything is fine.

I consult them if they have any idea what is happening. Thank you.

I copy the mail.log output where you can see one of the many emails sent.

161081 Mar 18 23:11:38 correo postfix/smtpd[30673]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from correo.midominio[178.X.X.X]: <user@midominio>: Sender address triggers FILTER smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<user@midominio> to=<smithjack@yahoo.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<correo.midominio>
161116 Mar 18 23:11:38 correo postfix/smtpd[30673]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from correo.midominio[178.X.X.X]: <user@midominio>: Sender address triggers FILTER smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<user@midominio> to=<smithjack@yahoo.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<correo.midominio>
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Compromised account sending massive spam

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

check the desktop, devices of the user (keylogger ?), maybe the user has set the reset the password after you changed it with the compromised one (true life).

Regards,