How do I enable and use the new HAB option?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0_GA_3924.RHEL7_64_2020

How do I enable and use the new HAB option?

Post by cyber7 »

From the release notice:
Zimbra Collaboration Suite:
Hierarchical Address Book (Stable) - An Hierarchical Address Book (HAB) is an enhancement of the Global Address List (GAL) that includes organization information, enabling contact selection by sub-organization and seniority. The Zimbra Web Client now gives users the ability to view, navigate and select contacts from the HAB. With HAB enabled, "Global Organization" appears as a contact source in the Select-Addresses dialog, and selecting it changes the dialog to facilitate navigating the organization as a tree structure.
Please could anyone give some guidelines on how to:
1. Enable the HAB option?
2. How to use the HAB option?

kind regards
cyber7 (aka Aubrey)
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: How do I enable and use the new HAB option?

Post by cyber7 »

NOT EVEN ZIMBRA CAN ANSWER THIS??? Shame on you!
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

So, no official documentation exists and no-one from Zimbra Technical staff actually knows how to use this? What is going on, Zimbra???

What I did get, though is:

Code: Select all

[root@mymail ~]# su - zimbra -c "zmprov help hab"

createHABOrgUnit(chou) {domain} {ouName}

renameHABOrgUnit(rhou) {domain} {ouName} {newName}

deleteHABOrgUnit(dhou) {domain} {ouName}

createHABGroup(chg) {groupName} {ouName} {name@domain} {TRUE|FALSE} [attr1 value1 [attr2 value2...]]

getHAB(ghab) {habRootGrpId}

moveHABGroup(mhg) {habRootGrpId} {habParentGrpId} {targetHabParentGrpId}

addHABGroupMember(ahgm) {name@domain|id} {member@domain}+

removeHABGroupMember(rhgm) {name@domain|id} {member@domain}

deleteHABGroup(dhg) {name@domain|id} [true|false]

modifyHABGroupSeniority(mhgs) {habGrpId} {seniorityIndex} 

getHABGroupMembers(ghgm) {name@domain|id}

[root@mymail ~]# 
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

cyber7 wrote:So, no official documentation exists and no-one from Zimbra Technical staff actually knows how to use this? What is going on, Zimbra???
What's 'going on' is that these are Community Forums and basically Zimbra/Synacor has no interest in the Open Source Community although there are Zimbra staff that do occasionally post here. The good old days of Zimbra being heavily involved in the forums and how effective they are for building a community and attracting new customers are long gone.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

phoenix wrote:
cyber7 wrote:So, no official documentation exists and no-one from Zimbra Technical staff actually knows how to use this? What is going on, Zimbra???
What's 'going on' is that these are Community Forums and basically Zimbra/Synacor has no interest in the Open Source Community although there are Zimbra staff that do occasionally post here. The good old days of Zimbra being heavily involved in the forums and how effective they are for building a community and attracting new customers are long gone.

I am disgusted!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

cyber7 wrote:I am disgusted!
That makes two of us. Aren't you an NE customer, if you are can't you raise any of these topics with Zimbra?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

phoenix wrote:
cyber7 wrote:I am disgusted!
That makes two of us. Aren't you an NE customer, if you are can't you raise any of these topics with Zimbra?
I did, and I even went as far as recording the conversation with the Zimbra Technical (so-called) head. It is posted in a topic (if I can recall) "Is Zimbra dead" where he makes out that they are watching the forums and will start to actively participate. SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!

I also was told that a BUG was raised for the outstanding/missing documentation (on this subject). WTF (And this is not Welcome To Facebook) ZIMBRA???? YOUR own features undocumented???

AND the cherry on the cake, no one can view the BUG-REPORT. No one can raise a BUG-REPORT and no one knows what BUGS have been raised.

I am currently shopping for an alternative (JUST NOT GOOGLE/MICROSOFT!!!)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Ah, now you mention the 'recording' I remember seeing that.. :) I've covered this topic ad nauseam in these forums but I've basically given up on Zimbra ever recognising what a wasted resource they have sitting here and some of their decisions such as your mention of no 'bugzilla' is so absurd it's better than a Broadway farce. They also don't seem to understand their lack of participation (I wonder if they understand the meaning of that word) is going to have the effect of putting off users and customers from using or staying with ZCS.

There seems to be a lot of promotion on these quarterly(?) meet-up sessions around the world but no actual news or future roadmap, that I can see. Oh well, it's been an interesting fourteen years.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
cyber7
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cyber7 »

To "Gopal Bhandari"

Dear sir, please stick to your word and assist with proper documentation as requested. I did believe you at the time that you are actively monitoring these forums, now go and do your job...