Zimbra License file

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mqaroush

Zimbra License file

Post by mqaroush »

Greeting
i installed New zimbra 8.8.12 network edition...The current version is Network 8.6
i used zextras suit for migration ...

i have two question if you can help me :
One:Can i use the same license(used in current 8.6 network edition) file for 8.8.12 network edition??
Second: Can i use the backup/restore in the new Zimbra 8.8.12 to restore from backup files( from current zimbra 8.6)

BR
Jordack

Re: Zimbra License file

Post by Jordack »

Generally if you currently are paying for support/maintenance, you are licensed for the most current version.

If you let your support agreement expire, then your only licensed for the version that was current at the time of expiration.

When you try to install your license file it should check if you are eligible for the version you are running.
mqaroush

Post by mqaroush »

our license is perpectual..we have no support from zimbra
Are you have any idea about ??
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

mqaroush wrote:our license is perpectual..we have no support from zimbra
Are you have any idea about ??
Jordack’s post is totally correct.

With a Perpetual License if you want to upgrade versions or get help from Zimbra you must also purchase a Support subscription.

If you let Support lapse for a year or two and then want to buy Support to be able to do an upgrade or get help from Zimbra, you must buy a Support subscription for the current period plus all of the years you did not have Support, plus a 20% reinstatement fee.

If you have not had a Support subscription for many years, it may be cheaper now to buy regular Network Edition licensing and just abandon your perpetual license.

Hope that clarifies things.

Mark