emails disapearing

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: emails disapearing

Post by snowymoountain »

Nope it's not infected with ZMcat, I did enable fail2ban months ago with a custom config just for Zimbra so not sure if that helps at all...
What I did notice was that CPU usage dropped generally from around 8% - 20% down to 1 -2% after I enabled Fail2ban and Linux Firewall together
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

I can't find how to download Patches 2 - 12 as I currently have 8.8.9 open source...

Just need the links for the install instructions, last time I did a patch i did it on the CLI...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

snowymoountain wrote:I can't find how to download Patches 2 - 12 as I currently have 8.8.9 open source...
Have you considered updating straight to 8.8.12?
snowymoountain wrote:Just need the links for the install instructions, last time I did a patch i did it on the CLI...
You can do it via the cli, it's in the release notes on the wiki you only need the last patch as they're cumulative. you could always just reinstall 8.8.9 as that should be up-to-date with all the patches.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

I've found this is this the way to easily patch ?

I've disabled SSH for now until patced... also any logins are disabled after 3 attempts on the standard Zimbra ports, all other ports are disabled...
2. Installing zimbra packages with system package upgrades
As root, type below command to clear yum cache
yum clean metadata
As root, type below command first time so the server sees there is a new zimbra-patch package in the 889 patch repository
yum check-update
As root, type below command to update most available packages.
yum update
Switch to user zimbra
su – zimbra
ZCS must be restarted to changes to take effect. Type
zmcontrol restart
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

phoenix wrote:
snowymoountain wrote:I can't find how to download Patches 2 - 12 as I currently have 8.8.9 open source...
Have you considered updating straight to 8.8.12?
snowymoountain wrote:Just need the links for the install instructions, last time I did a patch i did it on the CLI...
You can do it via the cli, it's in the release notes on the wiki you only need the last patch as they're cumulative. you could always just reinstall 8.8.9 as that should be up-to-date with all the patches.

Yes I will update but that will take longer than the patch...

I'm on Linux so I guess I just do the Redhat upgrade ....

Also I have my SSH port way up on some random port and no one has even attempted a login for months there....

Thanks
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

I've installed the main patch but since I have the open source version and don't use Chat or anything I guess no need to install anything else ?

what about the LDAP update ?

Is that required ?

Upgrade OpenLDAP on LDAP node for FOSS and NETWORK

now my system info looks like this...

[zimbra@newmail ~]$ zmcontrol -v
Release 8.8.9_GA_2055.RHEL7_64_20180703080917 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.9_P10.