Copy complete GAL to each users personal contacts?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rtkluttz

Copy complete GAL to each users personal contacts?

Post by rtkluttz »

I'm following up on another forum post and tech support incident on how to get a FULL GAL sync to my users? Meaning not just email addresses, but physical addresses and phone numbers.
So infuriated that I can't speak that the GAL, the master address book, cannot be used for addresses and phone numbers for my users. Why even have it in there? Tech support told me they would put through an RFE to get the address book to more address book like stuff.. like function as an address book.

But with that said, I'm backing up and punting. Since the address book won't address book directly, how can I copy at least once, but nightly is preferred, a COMPLETE copy of the GAL to each users personal contacts? I will lose my job if people find out that this great product that I pushed is going to cause them to have to manage hundreds of addresses and phone numbers for all of our remote locations that we used to be able to manage centrally.