Upgrade from Zimbra Open Source Edition to Network Edition

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
a.bouhlal

Upgrade from Zimbra Open Source Edition to Network Edition

Post by a.bouhlal »

We are using zimbra Open Source Edition version 8.7.11 Patch 13 (Multiserver Installation ). We would like to upgrade to Zimbra Network edition professional.

According to this zimbra official KB ( https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Network_Ed ... dition_ZCS) , I simply just need to download the same version of zimbra network edition corresponding to the FOSS we are using and just run the network edition install.
Is this the best / recommended way by zimbra ? Or are they any other recommendations for upgrading from Zimbra Open Source Edition to Zimbra network edition ?

Thanks for any hints and support. I look forward to hearing from you

Best regards !
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Upgrade from Zimbra Open Source Edition to Network Edition

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

That usually does not work good, or at least is what I can see in the forums...which may not be the best source of information since people here will usually come if they have a problem (people that upgrades with no problem won't be comming here to say it).

What i usually suggest, is to move to new servers via Zextras trial or Zextras migration tool.