[Solved] Browser don't remember user and password of Zimbra Administration Console

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
evilside
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: zcs-8.8.15_GA_3918.UBUNTU14_64

[Solved] Browser don't remember user and password of Zimbra Administration Console

Post by evilside »

Hi

I have several servers with Zimbra 8.8.12, I need to access every day and is very tedious always to input user and password. Firefox don't ask if I want to remember the login data.

If I access to Webmail passwords are saved correctly.
Last edited by evilside on Thu May 28, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thephoton

Re: Browser don't remember user and password of Zimbra Administration Console

Post by thephoton »

Your web browser is your credentials saver not Zimbra. Also your answer will depend on which web browser you are using. Try searching Google for something like "firefox not saving credentials" or "firefox not saving website user name and password" but changing "firefox" to the name of the web browser you are using. If that doesn't work, you might check with your Domain administrator to see if they have a Group Policy that restricts users from saving credentials.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us ... -not-saved

For security reasons allowing the web browser to save credentials is not a good idea if there is any chance others can access your session or profile and get your admin level access. There are tons of credential utilities like LastPass, Keepass, 1Password and many others that can be setup to auto fill those credential request prompts and keep that data a bit more secure.
evilside
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: zcs-8.8.15_GA_3918.UBUNTU14_64

Re: Browser don't remember user and password of Zimbra Administration Console

Post by evilside »

Hi

I discovered the solution.

To access to Firefox Password Manager and to add manually address, user and password of Zimbra COS.

Example:

Address: https://mail.mycompany.com:9071/
User: admin
Password: MyPaSsWoRd

Problem resolved. Firefox not auto saved the password because the webpage is in non standard port (9071).