Zimbra outbound relay not informing bounces

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rodrigoferra

Zimbra outbound relay not informing bounces

Post by rodrigoferra »

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your support.

I recently had to migrate my Zimbra server to Google Cloud and by default they block all the outgoing email ports, so I´m forced to use Relay at my server. I choose mailjet to do the job and it's working ok, the only problem I´m having is to inform the sender about the bounced emails, I send a message and the receiver address is full or not working and the problem is that I never get knowing about it because there is no return mail informing. How can I get this info to the sender?

Im being searching over the internet for days. Appreciate any help.

Best regards.
Rodrigo
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Re: Zimbra outbound relay not informing bounces

Post by L. Mark Stone »

rodrigoferra wrote:Hello,

First of all, thanks for your support.

I recently had to migrate my Zimbra server to Google Cloud and by default they block all the outgoing email ports, so I´m forced to use Relay at my server. I choose mailjet to do the job and it's working ok, the only problem I´m having is to inform the sender about the bounced emails, I send a message and the receiver address is full or not working and the problem is that I never get knowing about it because there is no return mail informing. How can I get this info to the sender?

Im being searching over the internet for days. Appreciate any help.

Best regards.
Rodrigo
This is why I host on AWS instead of on Google Cloud. You'll need to open a support case with mailjet; how they handle bounces and such really doesn't have anything to do with Zimbra.
rodrigoferra

Re: Zimbra outbound relay not informing bounces

Post by rodrigoferra »

Correct my friend.

I think Im going to handle it by creating a small software that listen to their bounces integrated with their api. This is all because there is a manager at the project that thinks google is the best ever and ever...

Thanks.