Email message after using Admin View Email

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
zawadix

Email message after using Admin View Email

Post by zawadix »

Hello everybody !
I have several accounts with Global Admin. Is it possible to send a email message to me when someone is using Admin View Email ?

all the best
Zawadix
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Email message after using Admin View Email

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

If I understand the question right, the only way to have your own mail active, and to be able to View Mail for another account at the same time is to open the Admin Console (and the other user's mail) in a different browser.

1. When you login a session cookie is created with an Auth Token for your account in the browser you are using.

2. If you login to the Admin Console it creates a second cookie with an Admin Auth Token. So far there is no conflict.

3. Now, if you View Mail from the Admin Console in 2, you actually replace the cookie in 1. above with an Auth Token for the user whose mail you are viewing. If you go back to the tab in step 1 and refresh the content, you will see it is the content of the Viewed account.

4. To get your own content back without logging out and back in again, you need to do a View Mail on your own account to replace the cookie back to it's step 1 state.

The only way to be able to see your own content, and to also be able to do admin at the same time is to use 2 completely separate browsers for your webmail (Chrome for example) and for the Admin/Viewing other people's mail (Microsoft Edge for example). That will keep the session cookies separate from each other.
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

Vincent,

I think he's thinking more along the lines of, as an administrator, wanting an email notification when one of his Admins are using the feature to read other's email.

Doug
zawadix

Post by zawadix »

lytledd wrote:Vincent,

I think he's thinking more along the lines of, as an administrator, wanting an email notification when one of his Admins are using the feature to read other's email.

Doug
Yes Doug !
Thats what im talking about :)

Zawadix
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

This information is logged in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

You'd need to setup a shell script to scan the logs for such entries and then email you when they occur.

Doug