As soon as an account receives an email, it send multiple emails to another account

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
thiagozutter

As soon as an account receives an email, it send multiple emails to another account

Post by thiagozutter »

Hello,

I am in a strange situation, where a specific email message, when it receives an email from any source, it automatically sends several emails, but those emails are not saved in the items sent, it seems to me a trigger

I realized this situation because the user reported several return emails in his inbox.

It does not compromise the reputation of the server, as we have Policyd active, limiting the sending, but it is something that needs to be solved.

Zimbra 8.7.11_GA_3865

Thank you.
7224jobe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_FOSS Patch38

Re: As soon as an account receives an email, it send multiple emails to another account

Post by 7224jobe »

Hi, take a look at the mail filters on that user mailbox: connect to his webmail -> Preferences -> Filters.
thiagozutter

Re: As soon as an account receives an email, it send multiple emails to another account

Post by thiagozutter »

7224jobe wrote:Hi, take a look at the mail filters on that user mailbox: connect to his webmail -> Preferences -> Filters.
Hello,

I checked the settings, they are standard, follow images of the filter options.

Below is an image of the situation that happens. I already changed the account password, but it continues
emails.jpg
emails.jpg (71.2 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
Thanks.
7224jobe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_FOSS Patch38

Post by 7224jobe »

These "Undelivered mail returned to sender" messages are a symptom of wrong email transit from your mail server. Open one of these emails and look at the error message that they contain.
thiagozutter

Post by thiagozutter »

Hello,

I found the problem, notification of receipt of e-mail was active, this way, as soon as I received a new e-mail, a notification was sent to another e-mail, which returned an error, and was in a loop.

Solution was to disable the notification of incoming email.

Thank you all