Integrate With Active Directory

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
m3ds0

Integrate With Active Directory

Postby m3ds0 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi mates,

I'm trying to integrate the Zimbra With active directory (2016) and everything works fine but two things, first autoprov, the problem is(actually I think it's an old problem) after first user auto provisioning the new users are not sync with zimbra.

I figured out it's about the search filter:
filter=[(&(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=Mail,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local))(createTimestamp>=20200717195253.084Z))
"createTimestamp>=20200717195253.084Z" this part never gonna have result, I know i can change the zimbraAutoProvLastPolledTimestamp but it is not the right way.

And the second problem is User changes, for example I change the user's first name or change phone number,the changes are not append in Zimbra.

Does anyone have solution ?

Regards

danielb

Re: Integrate With Active Directory

Postby danielb » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:15 pm

I had the same issue with autoprov, so I wrote my own script to sync users, and groups https://git.fws.fr/dani/zimbra/src/bran ... zmldapsync
m3ds0

Postby m3ds0 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Thank you for your reply, I'll test this solution as soon as possible.

Regards
josephstacklin

Postby josephstacklin » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic but I am trying to install this but have no idea what I am doing. I created the .py file but it says it doesn't exist. Please help!
danielb

Postby danielb » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 am

josephstacklin wrote:Sorry to resurrect a dead topic but I am trying to install this but have no idea what I am doing. I created the .py file but it says it doesn't exist. Please help!

There's no python script. My solution is perl based. The doc to set it up is available here : https://git.fws.fr/dani/zimbra/src/bran ... zmldapsync

Return to “Administrators”