Warning banner for all incoming external emails

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
umila

Warning banner for all incoming external emails

Post by umila »

I am looking for solution where we can add notification/warning banner in the incoming external email body like below.

"[EXTERNAL EMAIL] This email has been received from an external source – please review before any action, clicking on links, or opening attachments."

Does Zimbra offer any method of creating a warning banner for all incoming external email messages or are there any methods to do such a thing ?

Thank You.
rcardozo1987
ZCS/ZD Version: NETWORK edition, Patch 8.8.15_P11

Re: Warning banner for all incoming external emails

Post by rcardozo1987 »

I haven't seen a feature like this yet... but I know there is a zimlet ( POC ) to alert about spam / phishing based on e-mail headers. I am pretty sure it can be modified to warn about external e-mails.
Jordack

Post by Jordack »

We run a spam filter infront of Zimbra and did it there, not sure if you have that option. It would be nice if Zimbra had the feature built in.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

I filed and obtained approval for an RFE for this feature: ZRFE-258.

You are welcome to open a Support Case if you have a licensed version of Zimbra to add your voice to this request.

Hope that helps,
Mark
maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by maxxer »

L. Mark Stone wrote:I filed and obtained approval for an RFE for this feature: ZRFE-258.

You are welcome to open a Support Case if you have a licensed version of Zimbra to add your voice to this request.
Filed now (even tough I cannot see the open case :? )

I wonder if in the meantime it would be possible to add the warning via Zimlet, at least to show it to web users.
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Post by zimico »

I haven't had it a test but you can try: https://tech.saqr.org/2020/01/with-phis ... x%2C%20etc.

Regards,
Minh.
ozer44

Post by ozer44 »

zimico wrote:I haven't had it a test but you can try: https://tech.saqr.org/2020/01/with-phis ... x%2C%20etc.

Regards,
Minh.
I think this solution only web client, i need a imap and pop client email warning message